Windows 7 exams update...

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

To follow on from this post, I have found this...

The 70-686, MCITP: Windows 7, Desktop Administrator exam is currently in development, I can not release any info (to my knowledge) as it's still going thru it's development stage.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Hi wagnerk do you know if you can upgarde the MCDST to Win7 or do you have to go to Vista then Win7?

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Mate,

At the minute I do not know, from previous experience, Microsoft developed upgrade exams from the previous track, eg NT -> 2k -> XP/2k3 -> Vista/2k8.Based on that, I have a feeling that the upgrade exams will be from Vista only, however don't quote me as I may be wrong. Saying that as you would have to do two exams to get the MCITP: EDST Win7 regardless of if you do the upgrade (70-621 then the upgrade exam when it gets released) or the straight path (70-680 & 70-685 - I'm not counting the higher desktop admin MCITP), the question is do you want to get certified in Vista or not?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the info :D

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)