Windows 7 cheapest deals

Discussion in 'Software' started by j1mgg, Oct 22, 2009.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

As it says just looking for the cheapest deals for this

Saw this so far

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Edition Upgrade £60 (for students of all schools)

http://www.software4students.co.uk/Microsoft_Windows_7_Ultimate_32_bit_Edition_Upgrade-details.aspx

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

They're releasing the upgrade but for both 64\32bit next week at the same price. I'd suggest waiting till then.
    Also, that is based on you having a valid version of XP \ Vista.

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

That one is for tax dodgers only...

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Microsoft have a student upgrade deal for £30 for Home and Professional.

Anyone with a school email address can get it.

Good if you have the admin account for a school ;)

WIP: 70-680
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

LOL Tax Dodgers, seriously guys, who here knows a student who is going to spend 60 quid upgrading from Vista to 7? they just won't I think. Most just are not that arsed.

Has anyone here taken advantage of the Office 2007 for a tenner deal through School Volume Licensing? if you work at an educational institute with a subscription, you can buy Retail Office 2007 for about a tenner plus delivery. As least, thats a rough gist of it, I just glancing an email I got.

And has anyone tried the Office 2010 preview?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've been using it since the release of it (mid-July), I had issues with the 32bit version of Outlook on Windows 7 RC 64bit. However since upgrading to the RTM 64 bit version of Win7 and the 64bit version of Office, I've been sailing along :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I've not really noticed anything worth the outlay when it's released. Been using it for a couple of months, I don't really like it if I am honest.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

For those not in school Misco have got Home Premium at £80 for a limited time, plus if you get in quick you might win your money back.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. dazza786

dazza786 Megabyte Poster

just purchased w7 ultimate 64bit ed from software4students.co.uk

as long as you are a student, carer, parent etc of a student, you are able to purchase the upgrade.
    apparently you don't *NEED* a valid version of XP or VISTA installed on the machine to be able to install this, however it is required that you cease use of a valid XP/VISTA key in place of this windows 7 key.

Considering i look after my sister (12) every now and again, i would class myself as a carer and took up the deal @ £60 :biggrin
    i did ask her first though just to make sure she wasnt planning on buying a copy, as it's one deal per student :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCP (271, 272, 270, 290, 291, 621, 681, 685), MCDST, MCTS, MCITP, MCSA, Security+, CCA(XA6.5)