Windows 2K3 DHCP Server Status Not Connected

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by adam_h, Jan 20, 2012.

1. adam_h

adam_h Bit Poster

Went into DHCP snap-in this morning, can’t remember why now as I’m having no issues. However I noticed that the status of the DHCP server (our main DC) has a status of ‘Not Connected’ next to it. As soon as I click it it turns to ** Active **. Seems to be handing out IPs ok.

Its got me thinking now, has it always been like this? Or has it changed? (This is over Remote desktop, about to go downstairs and login physically to see if it's different)

Can anyone check theirs and see what the status is? I’d appreciate to know if this is normal.

Regards
    Adam

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, A+, Network+, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSE (70-291 Next!)
  2. adam_h

adam_h Bit Poster

Reading around I'm beginning to think this is normal and must have always been like it..
    Something to do with the mmc snap-in not directly connected and only kicks-in when you click it..

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, A+, Network+, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSE (70-291 Next!)
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I can confirm that ours does this also on a 2k3 DC.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293