Windows 10 and Xbox one game streaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi All,

Have upgraded my home PC Monday evening and have been playing around with the "home" aspects. One thing that I'm having issues with is that I can't do a bandwidth test in the Xbox app to the Xbox one in order to set up game streaming.

Unless I'm mistaken, while I'm on the latest official release of both the Xbox app and the Xbox OS, the stream functionality isn't available unless I get the latest preview OS for the Xbox one (or wait until the latest preview OS becomes the latest official release). Is this correct? Has anyone else experienced this or has got this working? As this was the biggest thing for me for the upgrade.

Thanks

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Kitkatninja

Here is the following versions of both parts:

Xbox App version: 7.7.29027.00000
    Xbox One OS: 6.2.13194.0 (xb_rel_1507.150702-2154) fre

Yet still no streaming available, it is getting annoying :pursefight::challenge

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  3. Kitkatninja

Solved, did two things...

Installed the Microsoft Media Feature Pack, but that didn't seem to do anything. Actually did a full shut down of the console and started it up again (so not the sleep or hibernate/shut down lite that is set as default).

I can now stream :)

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

How's it looking when you're streaming to the PC? decent FPS?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. Kitkatninja

So far have only played Assassins Creed China and the frame rate is excellent - no lag. Saying that, my home PC and the Xbox is both hardwired into a 100mb switch :)

Vince Polston likes this.
  6. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

Super cool. Can you play from a different location? It would be interesting to see the frame-rate from a buddies house. I'm not sure if that's even possible?

7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

That's cool, I've been wanting to try it, but I'd need an Xbox One for that :)

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. Kitkatninja

Not sure, however I would guess that you'd have to have a very good upload speed :)

Here you go for ASC :)

Edit: Sorry, I assumed playing the game, not the stream part, haha :)

9. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Sounds great Ken. On another note I have a ps4 and a ps tv for streaming and find it to be a bit crap to be honest. 500mb powerlines between the two. Pstv was a waste of money in my opinion. Probably why it's only 45 quid now. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs