Win7 70-680

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by AndyGB, Mar 21, 2013.

1. AndyGB

AndyGB New Member

I am practising for my 70-680 exam using VCE but I'm sure some of the questions are wrong.
    Take this example below, what should the correct answer be?

Your company network includes desktop computers that have Windows XP Pro x64 installed.
    The company has purchased new portal computers that have Windows 7 Pro x86 installed.
    You need to be able to migrate user profiles from the desktop computers to the portal computers.

What should you do?
    A: Stop the UserProfileService
    B: Replace all versions of Windows 7 with x64
    C: Add each desktop user to the local Administrators
    D: Run scanstate /nocompress on the desktop computers.

2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

B :tune

This looks like the sort of Q's you used to get in the MCDST - I doubt whether you'd see that in the actual test...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You might be using Windows Easy Transfer to migrate therefore the answer is C: as you need local admin rights to use it.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. AndyGB

AndyGB New Member

The answer was B, I guess the VCE was right then :evil:

I thought D was the way to go.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Looks like we all think its a different answer - hee hee!

I went for C as I had to give local admin rights when the desktop guys were doing a migration project from XP to Windows 7 for one of our smaller customers.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

It's based on the simple fact that there is no way of 'direct' migration from a 64-bit OS to a 32-bit OS with MS...
    But I still don't really like the Q's layout as I mentioned before. Just a little heads-up really...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...