Will Collaboration Pit Cisco Against Microsoft, Google?

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Will Collaboration Pit Cisco Against Microsoft, Google?

Cisco Systems (CSCO) reported its fiscal fourth-quarter 2008 financials last week, but while the San Jose, Calif.-based networking giant beat Wall Street estimates, thanks to the hurdle posed by the law of large numbers, it forecast more modest growth going forward. “The market is clearly in transition, and we will use this time as an opportunity to expand our share of customer spend and to aggressively move into market adjacencies,” CEO John Chambers said in statement.

The question is, what are those markets adjacencies? After all, in order to move the needle, Cisco needs to find as-yet untapped markets that it can serve. Such a challenge comes at a particularly difficult time: The telecom market has consolidated in the hands of a few carriers, new opportunities are few and far between, and the overall trend is towards hardware becoming a service.

Read the whole story here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments