Whoop Whoop Passed Exchange 2003 70-284

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by craigie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

As some of you might know I have been on Jury Service. Well last night, I was told I wasn't needed for the next day (today). So I checked online and saw Prometric had an opening today for the 70-284 Exchange Server 2003 Exam.

I thought bugger it, lets go for it (using MS Second Shot Voucher). Squared the day off with my Team Leaders and went for it.

Turned up at the testing station about 30 minutes early and sat the exam.

I clicked the start button and it said 58 Questions.

Now here is the wierd bit, 10 Questions where about how you think you rate yourself on Exchange 2003. I answered truthfully, which is I have 6-12 months experience and that I was profficent in most areas, but would need assistance in others. Gotta say I was hoping this isn't part of the exam otherwise I'll say I'm amazing in every aspect!

The exam itself without disclosing anything was actually 48 Questions long. So I thought the start was a bit misleading.

It was a toughie, in fact I would say that the areas I thought you would be tested on, didnt really appear at all i.e. day to day administration.

I would HIGHLY recommend anyone taking this exam to do the 70-290 and 70-291 first as you will need this knowledge.

Without breaking the NDA, you have to know about DNS, Network Routing/Topology, Active Directory, Backups & Recovery, Front End & Back End Servers.

Half the questions I knew out right what the answers where, the the other half I knew they where between two answers and I made an educated guess.

Anyways I passed with 910, which in my opinion was way better than I deserved :D

I will try and put together a Study Guide a bit later.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Wow, great job, great scre!!:D

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Brilliant! Well done mate. :D

Looking forward to the Study Guide too...

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey congrats and well done m8 ! :biggrin

Now what happened to that ITIL reading you were doing whilst in Court ..... ? :p

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks, not sure I really deserved that score as half of my answers where best guesses.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Congrats on the pass:p

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  7. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Coming soon to a forum near you....Study Guide by Craigie

8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks UKDarkstar.

People wanted to speak to me in Court, would have been in polite to tell em to sod off, I want to study lol.

Going to start the studying for the ITIL tomorrow, hoping to keep to my original timeline *crosses fingers*

9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done, great score! :cheers

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

I keep putting this exam off and putting it off and putting it off... I need to just go and take it. After all, I passed 70-285 already... I look forward to seeing your study guide. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

congrats on the score, your banging these exams out at a rate arnt you!?:biggrin

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  12. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks Dales.

The Client Exams being the MCDST and Vista where pretty easy at a one month each.

All of the Server Exams have taken me around two months ish each.

My wife is getting sick and tired of all the studying, but then again she wants me to progress my career as well :blink

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Thanks BosonMichael.

Be like Nike, just do it (the 70-284 then you will be MCSE:M ?)

14. BosonMichael

...on 2000 AND 2003. Just gotta do it.

Strange thing is... I'm about to have Jury Duty as well. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  15. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

How bizarre, if it's anything like the UK, your going to have ALOT of time on your hands.

16. BosonMichael

That's what I hear. I don't yet know what they'll allow with regards to books or computers... but I guess I'll find out!

17. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I was able to take in a Netbook. Some people even brought in laptops.

But on the second day, everyone started talking to each other and that was my studying out the window :rolleyes:

18. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  19. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool, congrats on the pass :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  20. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate, congrats! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs