Whoop Whoop Passed 70-293 - Server 2003 Network Infrastructure

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by craigie, Mar 5, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

My head is offically spinning. What an exam, 50 questions including 5 sims! Knocked it out in just under 2 hours. It was a seriously hard exam, two questions, I had absolutely no idea on and they where definatley not covered in the MS Press Book or CBT Nuggets!

In seemed that every other question was a page long with the usually MS 'Jack and Jill went up the hill, Jack fell down and broke the DNS Server and Jill wanted to use RRAS to get back up the hill using the most secure authentication method'.

Think I saw my first offical brain dumper in a Prometric exam, some guy who was bloody annoying was sitting next to me, not only was he in after me, he was coughing phlem and constantly tapping his foot, then he left after 30 mins!

Going to deploy the cakes at work, hit the gym tonight and then getting hammered tomorrow night!

Oh I passed with a respectable 836. Watch this space for a Study Guide :D

Craigie

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Woop woop!

Major congrats craigie!! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  3. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Great score, well done!

So what's the solution?

Braindumpers are the scum of the IT world.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  4. -Mercury-

-Mercury- Byte Poster

Congrats, well done! :D

Certifications: MCSA|MCDST|A+|Net+
    WIP: CCENT
  5. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Congrats to Craigie!:rocks

Looking forward to the study guide too.

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Hey great news m8, well done ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  7. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Uhm...... is it not possible he did an A+ or N+ or something completely different?

Edit : Well done by the way.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  8. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats:thumbleft

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  9. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Hence the first word of the paragraph was Think!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats:) you're sure flying through the MS exams like crazy. But well done any how as I know you're putting in the time and hard work.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Nah, 30 minutes is way too long for him to be a dumper. :p hah!

Congrats!!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Cool congrats... I have to say that I've completed a couple of MS exams in 1/2 hours and passed - but then again I've sat a couple of MS exams took all the time there was and failed :rolleyes: Go figure...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  13. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Good Job Craigie, well done that man!

On the subject of fast finishers (insert your own joke here), when I took my 70-290 last month someone who started an exam same time as me walked out again (and I can only presume he was finished) when I was only on question 6!!!!!

anyway, good work fella :biggrin

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  14. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Congrats mate :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  15. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

I spotted the think... just thought it a little absurd.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  16. gochieng

gochieng Bit Poster

:twisted:well, there is also a possibility that the fellow failed the first more than 30% of the questions (or a few questions proportional to those he was passing) and got convinved that he/she cannot make the pass mark and prefers not to waste own time. some of my colleagues have abandoned exams uncompleted.
    gochieng

Certifications: MCP, MCDBA
    WIP: MCSE
  17. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Perhaps the stress got too much for him, ala doing a Rimmer

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  18. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you don't answer the questions, you are certain to fail. Worst case, why not just answer C for everything? :D

You can almost always eliminate one (or more!) of the wrong answers... some chance is better than no chance.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  19. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass mate :)

As to the other guy, who knows.. he could have been a dumper, he almost certainly wasn't taking the same exam.. he may have given up. Don't fret over it.

Assume makes an ass out of u and me.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  20. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

congrats on the pass, not sure about the quick guy, I tend to go for exams earlier in the day so at least i'll have a good half an hour or so without anybody else coughing and spluttering next to me.

Well done, you'll very soon get your MCSE!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing