Whoop Whoop No Work Today - Snowed In

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by craigie, Feb 5, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

What a joyous day, forget the studying I'm going in the garden with my 18 month old daughter!

Daddy makes the bestest snow angels :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Whats a snow angle? lol

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Mate, I think the snow is heading your way later on today (up north).

Craig's guide to making a snow angel:

Step 1 - Have snow, a covering of 3 inches or more is perfect.
    Step 2 - Find said snow and lay on your back (might want to pull your hood up as you could get a could head).
    Step 3 - Flap your arms and legs from side to side.
    Step 4 - Stand up and admire your snow angel!

Enjoy :D

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

Should definately be added to your study guides in the sig.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  5. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Lol, you made me spit my coffee out :D

6. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

You guys are crazy!

Cos i'm fairly new to work, I am one of the few mugs who attempted to come in today.
    Made it, but it was really scary :eek: They hadn't gritted any of the main roads!! Loads of cars abandoned and, in the other direction, a lorry trying to get up a slope, but wheels spinning and slipping back with a line of traffic behind it!!

There are 4 of us made it out of the usual 20 in my department - very quiet

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Same here, no work :)

No snow angels, but a 5' 6" snowman here. Measured the snow, 6 inches here in W'boro (at least in my back garden).

My son (1 yr, 4mths) found it funny :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Scraped it off the cars... couldn't have been more than 2 inches. Son's school closed, and I assume they made that decision based on out of date info of heavy snowfalls from the Met Office.

Wife left home at 8:50, and has gone approx 500 yards. Currently stuck at top of hill in loooong queue. Offered to take her a coffee. :D

9. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

No work here also. Study time yay! :eek:

Now if i could only close the forum page.......

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  10. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Damn slackers! For those of us inside work - we envy you :(

*pfft*

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  11. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Well there's not even a hint of a snowflake down here.

All been and gone !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  12. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Good :biggrin the chimps from Monkey World are based in Dorset and they won't like the cold :p

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  13. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well I tried to get to work!!!

Got as far as the A45 and then thought better of it, esp as the road was blocked further up and so was the A605 as well. So a day off for me as well. The wife's school was closed as well and the kids both have the day off. Normally, getting them both up in the mornings is a job, but gosh, there's snow on the ground and ones off visiting her frieds and the others off somewhere where teenagers go.

Doing a bit of work from home, but gutted the VPN links have stopped working, shame really. Funny thing is that my school is open, well it is a boarding school, but non of the IT staff have made it into work today. Even my boss couldn't get in because of the lorries blocking the road in.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  14. Kitkatninja

Of course you've had nothing to do with that :twisted:

But I know what you mean, I've got my 3 year project/bid plan to do... Just trying to get motivated to do it. We've had to cancel the interviews for the IT Apprentice today and either reschedule them tomorrow or Monday, we've waited all this time only for nature to stop us :(

And on the subject of snow, it's starting to lightly snow again in W'boro...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  15. Qs

IT apprentice? If it pays well I may move just so I can be interviewed by you Ken :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  16. Kitkatninja

It pays, however only apprentice rates :(

-Ken

17. Qs

Meh. :p

Slight digression - Our local police force have just started recruiting. Their basic salary starts on £22k.

Maybe I'm in the wrong job...

18. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

He gets to call you padawan as well, young Jedi.

19. Qs

*cool swooshy lightsabre sounds*

20. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think there's a difference between a snow "angle" and a snow "angel". :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+