Who is sunburnt?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sandy, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Did anybody over do it at the weekend?

2. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

No, I'm not even touched by the sun yet. :cry:

If I'm not working, I'm studying....still a milkbottle white... :cry:

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  3. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

I tend to study in the Garden when not raining. Usually with a glass of my favorite tipple

4. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

I tried taking my study guide to sit outside the pub in the sun one Saturday, unfortunately the more beer and sun I soak up the less interested in studying I get :D

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  5. Kelly

Kelly Nibble Poster

I would love to study in the garden guys but I don't have any sort of seating out there and I end up getting a crook neck. :cry:

Certifications: none
    WIP: none
  6. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I sit in a chair next to the pond, in the shade.

This blazing sun we've had recently illuminates part of the pond.When the goldfish swim past the illuminated water their colours accentuate and glisten fantastically.

All of the goldfish enjoy sunbathing, they lie at the top of the water and chill.

The one big Koi Carp we have sometimes gets too hot.When it does it swims over to the waterfall, sticks it head out of the water, and lets the waterfall cool its face.

This weather is glorious but I'm not bothered about sitting in it.I prefer to sit in the shade mostly and savour it while it's here.
    I sit next to the pond and read the study guides.I feel so relaxed when doing this that reading the books doesn't seem like any effort at all.

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Excellent, so its not just me who sits out, with books and laptop (obviously just for effect, as you can't see a thing on it in the sun), under the parasol, with a coldie next to me ?

Agreed, tho' - that IS when motivation becomes an issue !!! :morebeer

As for who is sunburnt, I'm lucky to have a more or less outside job, so I tan gradually as the first sun appears in spring, and get more sickeningly tanned as summer goes on :mad

...but today, in one of the restaurants I deliver to, the Chef, who on his one day of yesterday, had gone from a hot kitchen to spend the whole day at the beach in full sun and deceptive breeze, had returned to his stifling , unventilated hellhole (in full whites !), literally the colour of a fire extinguisher :let_it_a:

The phrase "a little and often" sprang to mind .... Now that's pain :cussing

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

Holy cowbags ! Its hot today up here, been outside painting all day so was a nice shade of green ( using a spray gun, goes everywhere).

Been sunny here all year so i am as brown as a brown thing..

Still hot now at 11.45pm an the birds still havent gone to sleep ! Tis hard to sleep with hundreds of birds squacking (how do you spell that ?) at night, but its the best sounds !!

8)

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm way past sunburned. I work in the sun pretty much six days a week. Anywhere from 90 to 100 degrees F (translate that into C so It'll make sense to most of you). I'm a golden brown on my face, arms and legs. The rest of me is cottage cheese white. The color of my skin is the least of my problems on an average work day. Mainly I'm concerned with having enough water and keeping sweat out of my eyes. I'm looking forward to the day when I can work inside again. 8)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

Ah, crap ! Its too damn hot to do anything. I think i have to sleep on the roof tonight...sweating like a (enter your own words)....

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  11. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Angus

You said you were painting with a spray gun, What was it you were painting?

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346