Who do I have to @%$#& to get my Microsoft email?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by malik06, Mar 5, 2008.

1. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

I passed my 70-271 33 days ago.
    When am I going to get my email with my login creds for the website and all that good stuff???

Certifications: Network+, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: MCSE
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Have you checked your spam folder... just in case? Oh, and did you get any email from MS that gave you your MCPID?

I took my MS exam on Monday, got the email with the MCPID on this morning... and phoned them for my temp access code this morning as well... all done and dusted.

The number you could phone is: 0800 096 013711.

3. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

The phonenumber depends on the region you are in. Bermuda is not in the UK AFAIK. Contact your MS regional support office.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  4. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

No joy on the number for my region. I emailed them.

Bermuda doesn't even have a specific number. We always get lumped in with Latin America, so I called that number. They didn't even pick up.

5. Tinus1959

Have you tried this one?
    Please contact the Microsoft Regional Education Service Center for Latin America using the toll-free or collect telephone number listed for your country or region below. If your country or region is not listed, please call the Service Center at 54-11-4317-2638*.

*Collect call

6. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

That's the number! The page says they cover the Caribbean as well (Which Bermuda is not really part of, but we're always getting lumped in with them), so that's the number I tried. Got no answer. I'll try them again now...

Just called. The nice man told me to call back in 10 minutes to get an english-speaking rep. Wonderful. :)

7. GiddyG

:eek: If he could speak English, why on earth couldn't he help you??

8. GiddyG

Is Bermuda not a suburb of London?? :blink

9. Tinus1959

As far as I know it is:
    a hotel in Ravenne, Italy
    a nightclub in Vienna,
    a restaurant in Paris,
    a restaurant in Leicester,
    a bar in Poole England
    and an island in the sargasso sea.

Don't know of a suburb of London, but I might be wrong.

10. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

This is so funny! I've lived in Bermuda for 34 of my 37 years, and I wasn't aware that we were in a part of the Atlantic Ocean called the Sargasso Sea. <L>

Yeah, I'm in the middle of the Atlantic, not a suburb of London. :)

When I call the Latin American number I keep getting an automated message telling me that all the English-speakers are currently busy, try back in 10 or 15 minutes, and then the call is promptly dropped. So far I am very unimpressed.

11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

maybe the triangle is messing with the phone lines :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. Tinus1959

You're never to old to learn something new.:biggrin

Try again tomorrow. At least you got there once, it can happen again. Have someone nearby who speaks the native language.

13. asanthadenz

asanthadenz Bit Poster

Did you register with the Prometric website? or the Vue Site?

If so, check your account in those sites and you should be able to see your new MCP ID in there, go to the Members page and reset your Code with your MCP ID, and you should get an email from MS with a new code

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: MCITP
  14. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

I got an email from MS with my MCP ID but I screwed it up somehow and now I get the following:

Error: Problem in registration of your profile. Error calling PrepareCustomerMerge: Zero or more then one customer was found for the specified search criteria ErrorCode:0x8110FFFE ID:{0F769198-B75F-4168-8D56-1BC4294EAE80} Host:[207.46.197.80]., please contact Customer Services Representative for assistance.

I fired off 2 emails about it but I have yet to hear back. I wish I was dealing with a US or Canadian or UK office. This whole process would be a breeze. But no, I'm stuck dealing with an office where most of the people don't speak English. It so pisses me off how Bermuda always gets lumped in with the Caribbean or Latin America. It makes no sense, because we're physically closer to the US than anywhere else, we're a UK Dependent Territory, and we're all English speakers. But don't tie us to the UK or the US, noooooooooooooooo. Lump us in with Mexico and the like. That makes a lot of sense... :rolleyes:

15. ManicD

ManicD Byte Poster

i had to call microsoft, i dont have the number anymore but phone yoru exam centre and they should be able to sort you out

Certifications: MCSA, N+, A+(Tech), ECDL
    WIP: 70-294, 70-298
  16. malik06

malik06 Nibble Poster

I called my testing center when I had trouble in the first place.
    I doubt they'd be any more help now than they were then.
    Trust me, if anyone on this little rock is going to sort this out, it's going to be me. Period.