which switch interface

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by p1xels, Jul 15, 2013.

1. p1xels

p1xels Bit Poster

Hi
    See the exhibit below and the question attached -
    2.JPG

I think option B is incorrect.Please correct me if I am wrong.
    What do you feel should be the correct answer?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Hi where are you getting these questions? I'm a little concerned over the quality. The correct answer here is not one of the given options.

Have a look at the information given and you should be able to work it out. What does a switch do when receiving anything?

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

There's only 1 'set' of places where you get 'answers' to IT exams with no explanations.

And we all know what they are...

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  4. p1xels

p1xels Bit Poster

Hi
    I got this from a friend who gave me a pdf document with all those answers.I dont know where he got this from!

5. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

You can download real test questions and answers in PDFs. Doesnt help with learning the subject tho.

It would be forwarded out of port FA0/6 would be my answer, so none of the answers specified. Switches are concerned with destination MAC addresses.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
    p1xels likes this.
  6. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

As beerbaron said, there are a lot of the sites on the internet that will give you real exam questions, and therefore answering the questions is helping you cheat.

You need to find the source of the questions asked, and prove that these have come from a legitimate site.

7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I doubt these questions are real exams though, they are abysmal.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. jaronanderson

jaronanderson New Member

Hi dear,

From where you got this question. According to me, question is molded but B option may be right but it depends upon size and speed.

9. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

It would be answer D if the destination MAC address wasn't already learned in the CAM table (i.e. it would flood the frame out of all ports except the port the frame came in on). However, since the destination MAC has already been learned, it will forward the frame out of interface Fa0/6

Certifications: F5 CTS, LTM | F5-CA | CCNA: Sec | CCNA: R&S | ITIL Foundation
    WIP: AWS Solutions Architect