Which product is the best?

Discussion in 'Networks' started by completesystem, Dec 23, 2013.

1. completesystem

completesystem New Member

I need an all in one unit that can support DHCP, Vlans, and Qos with only CAT6 cables no wireless. Unless I skimmed to quickly Netgear only offers wireless versions. I would like to avoid excess wires using a modem to feed into a router and then into a switch vs. modem all in one router.

2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

Thought about firewall?

Juniper SSG5 / SSG20

Juniper SRX100

Cisco ASA5505

Checkpoint UTM1 / Safe at office

Yould would be looking at a rather expensive switch that can do intervlan routing, unless you are planning to do router on a stick configuration on your modem / router?

All the above do DHCP, VLAN's, InterVLAN routing, firewall policies, QOS etc... I run a ASA5505 at home, pretty solid reliable platform. Have run Juniper SSG's in the past also recommended.

Let me know how it goes.

Brad.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+
  3. completesystem

Will either the Juniper SSG5 / SSG20, Juniper SRX100, or the Cisco ASA5505 replace the existing router entirely or be used in conjunction with it?

4. completesystem

There is a new development and I hope this is what has been causing all of this. I tried disconnecting the problem computer from the router for a minute and this little widow pop up on my screen. It said the name of their computer and server disconnected. The weird thing is it flash on the screen for a few seconds and then disappeared.

EX)

Macbook (name) server disconnected

What does this mean they are doing? I really hope that I have finally found the cause of this. Please let me know what you think.

Also does this mean that they have been watching my activity when I have been on my computer?