Which Practice Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by J1mmyc, Oct 19, 2010.

1. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Bit Poster

HI all,this is my first post on these boards but have been a viewer of the forum for a long time now and finally registered.So hi everyone.I am studying for the A+ exam and have listened and watched all cbt nuggetts videos all the way through and would like some kind of practice exam to test my knowledge out and see where im going wrong but there are so many practice exams out there and would like to buy one thats been tried and tested by people on the forum or is as close to the real thing as it gets?

Thanks J

Certifications: A+,MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I used preplogic and trancender for my A+ and the free ones at proprofs.com (which is a legit site). After I had passed my A+ I had the chance to review the Boson A+ exams and I can say with no hesitation or Bias that I know I would have scored more highly if the Boson exams had been available before my exams.

Why not download demos and see what you think but I guarantee the Boson exams are superb.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My opinion is obviously biased, considering I write for Boson. But GBL is right - downloading demos and seeing the differences for yourself is the best way to determine which one is best for you to get. Don't just look at cost alone... you typically get what you pay for, and bad training CAN be worse than no training at all.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've used Preplogic and Transcender myself for the A+... for Microsoft exams, I used Readiness review suite with Transcender.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Bit Poster

i went for the boson exam only brought the 220.701 I like the way the questions are put and all the explanations of the questions when answered incorrectly are extremly good.If all goes well i will also purchase the 220.702

Certifications: A+,MCDST
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Thank you for being a new Boson customer, Jimmy! :) If you have any questions, please let me or BosonJosh know.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!