Which Microsoft account to use for Certifications

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Jacob9, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Jacob9

Jacob9 New Member

I'm planning to do Microsoft Certifications in the future, but I'm unsure which microsoft account I should use for these certifications.

I will be doing the certifications through the company I work for now. I know I can create a microsoft account on my work email, and I have a personal email account as well.

The certifications will be saved permanently on the account I choose, if I'm not mistaken. My question is if I use my work account to get the certification will I loose it if I leave my job, or could someone explain to be how it works?

Thank you in advance.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Use your personal account as this account will travel with your throughout your career - that company may not (eg it could change their name, cease trading, etc), not only that chances are that at some point you will leave them.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    dmarsh likes this.
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Always order the paper certificate it costs less than a tenner.

dmarsh likes this.
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Agreed, always make sure important things are connected to a permanent personal email account.
    Also I'd take that further, and make sure you don't rely on company laptops, mobile phones and motor vehicles. It pays to be able to walk out one job and into another, without losing your personal effects and your life being thrown into chaos.

Also as Juelz mentioned, many companies, agencies, visa application processes, will want to see paper evidence. Therefore it also pays to get everything on paper.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017