Which IT titles I will be getting from MS ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by gomcse2002, Apr 2, 2007.

1. gomcse2002

gomcse2002 Nibble Poster

Hi there

If I passed my 70-621 down the road, does that mean I will be getting the following 2 titles :

(a) MCITP
    (b) MCTS

If the case is YES, do I still have to take 70-620 ?

Please kindly advise.

Certifications: MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCAS, A+, N+, S+, i+
    WIP: MCITP Windows 2008 server
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Microsoft's Web site for 70-621 states that you'll only get the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certification for passing 70-621. From what I understand, the 70-621 consists of material on the 70-620 and 70-622 (and maybe 70-624) exams. As the rest of their MCITP tracks haven't been fully established yet, I'm not sure if you'll get the MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration certification (and credit for passing 70-620) or not.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, yep, when you pass the 70-621 you do get the MCITP & the MCTS certs/status, see here.

The 70-621 consist of the 70-620, the 70-622 and the 3rd exam is unknown (to me anyway).

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Good link, Ken. Thanks!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!