Which exam to choose for MCP?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by DaHLiA, Feb 23, 2007.

1. DaHLiA

DaHLiA Bit Poster

Hi friends,

I know that passing any one of the exams offered by MS will qualify us the MCP certification but which one should I choose? I think many of other users would have also asked the same query but please be patient and bear with my botherings :rolleyes:

I have even checked out MS Official Exam List But I am kind of confused and not sure which one I am supposed to be taking up to qualify the MCP. By the way my future is going to be with C, C++ programming and not with any of the Server Administration stuff.

I would be glad if any one of you can give me a helping hand on this front. I promise to give you all a snickers if I get through aye lol :p

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Most any Microsoft exam will get you the MCP certification.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. DaHLiA

DaHLiA Bit Poster

Yeah tru Michael. But which one should be choosing to help my career out? I mean to get to know more about Windows OS 70-270 will do yeah? Similarly, which exam is relatively helpful for the C and C++ ? Any ideas?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi, if you are heading down the programming route/software engineering route, you should really be looking down this route:

The MCSD, MCAD (these two if you're using C+ from MS Visual Studio .Net 1 or 1.1) or the MCPD, MCTS (these two if you're using C+ from MS Visual Studio .Net 2). And not the MCDST, MCSA or MCSE route.

Take a look at the requirements at the above four quals (the links are set above for you), do one of the exams and you'll get the MCP status.

Hope this helps.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Examples of exams for the C+ route would be:

Exam 70–315: Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Exam 70–316: Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

Exam 70–320: Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Microsoft Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework

Exam 70–340: Implementing Security for Applications with Microsoft Visual C# .NET

Exam 70–536: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation

Exam 70–526: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows-Based Client Development

For more information see the MS website.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. DaHLiA

DaHLiA Bit Poster

That helped a lot Ken. Thanks for your time and guidance :D)