Which Cisco Certification shall I go for

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Vips_02, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

Hello everyone
    I am a computer support guy and a newbie to Cisco.
    I would like to go for a cisco qualification
    Could you tell me where to start from for a entry level certification and Which book is the best for Exam..
    I have done some research and looks like CCENT exam 640-822 ICND1 is the first one to give..
    Will it be ok to go for it as I have never had a chance to work on them but willing to learn the same.
    Which book shoul;d I go for ??
    Please help me guys!!
    Many Thanks!
    Vipul

Certifications: Comptia N+,MCTS Vista,ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: MCITP
  2. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Some will say you should, some will say you shouldn't.

I personally see nothing wrong with studying CCENT, but at the same time i would be looking for a junior networking role where you can build your experience.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

Many Thanks for your reply Daniel!!
    I am presently working with a council with over 500 hosts as a support personnel and have a degree in comuter Sc. also got a Compt tia N+ certification and MCTS Vista recently

so got a little hands on servers and networking technologies..do u think that will help??
    I am willing to give it a try..:eek:
    Thanks once agin!

4. danielno8

Yep, you just need to find a job where you can gt a junior role, and the more studying you have done the better you will be at that job when you get it. It will also help (in my experience) if they know you are studying and working towards certification

5. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

Thanks Daniel!!I am just starting to look for new Jobs when I come back from my holiday in december..wanted to start studying in meantime!!
    Many Thanks for your help Daniel!!
    Do u reccommend any particular book for the same please as there are many in the market!

6. danielno8

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  7. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

Cheers Daniel!
    What sort of euipment you talking about??and 250£ ??is't that a bit much ?

8. danielno8

I got 3 Cisco routers and 2 switches. It'll serve your CCENT and CCNA studies. I suppose it is quite a lot, but to me its worth it. Like i said it's not neccessary, but i think it is definately more useful.

9. Vips_02

Vips_02 Bit Poster

I will try and get the outdated discarded ones from my work..if I can get any..will save a few buck in recession:o)
    Many Thanks once again Daniel for all your help..you are wonderful!

10. danielno8

No problem.

I'm also studying this at the minute so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

11. linabritney

linabritney New Member

Greetings All,

What are the best simulations exams for the 640-802 ?

I took the ccna 640-802 exam and received a 785 and needed a 825 to pass (44 questions). I prepared for this exam by making a lab with two 2650 routers and two 2950 switches. I read several books and completed both the Boson and Transcender practice exams with almost 100% correct on all the prep tests the first time around.

The problem is that the actual exam questions are far more complex then what the Boson and Transcender offered even though these exams are geared for the new CCNA exam.

Is there a better exam prep option? Iam going to purchase Removed Braindump Reference 640-802 as i heared great reviews about them . aanyone tried them ? . let me know plz