Where to study CCNA in London?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by bddnz, Jan 20, 2011.

1. bddnz

bddnz New Member

Hi all,

I wondering if you can offer any advice or experience as to where would be the best academy in London to take a part time CCNA course?

At the moment I'm considering the London Metropolitan Uni.

Thanks in advance

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Your best bet would be to have a look around. That being said if you dont work with cisco gear at the minute going for the ccna is not the best way to get into networking as the CCNA is a cert for people who already work with cisco kit.

Having high level certs without the required experience can be worse than having no certs at all.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. bddnz

bddnz New Member

Thanks

I'm looking to channel my skill set into the video network field. Video conferencing specifically and a huge player in the industry is Cisco.

Could you guys recommend any other certs for entry into voice/video priority networks?

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not really... that sort of thing is done by people who are already in the industry. That said, if you've been in IT for a while, and you've got a bit of Cisco experience, you can start learning things related to VoIP, IPTV, and QoS...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Suggest you contact Joe at Commsupport (Cisco Labrat on forum).

I'm sure his place is London

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)