Where can I D/L ISA Server2000 evaluation?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by mjtibbs, Nov 9, 2007.

1. mjtibbs

mjtibbs Bit Poster

Hey guys,

yes, the 070-227 (install,config,admin of ISA Server 2000 Enterprise Edition) is next on my list.

I downloaded the ISA Server 2006 evaluation, installed it (on my server2003 box, checked out the interface.... quite different from ISA Server 2000 which is what the exam is based on.

Anyway I shut down my box, it freezes on shutdown.
    -try again - same thing
    -try again - same thing.
    so ive uinstalled the 2006 evaluation

so I decided, considering the exam is for ISA Server 2000, and ISA 2006 is quite different (eg includes implementation of storage configuration servers etc), that I would find hte evaluation of ISA 2000 and stick with that until I pass the exam.

Well I can't for the life of me find an installer for the 2000 ISA Server Evaluation. All links point to ms's site which has now obviously updated to the 2006 download page (only provides service packs/feature packs/fixes for ISA Server2000 and no eval download)

does anyone know where I can get this evaluation version ISA 2000.

I am aware of the issues of installing ISA 2000 on a Server2003 box but I know which SP/FP/Fixes are required for stability.

many thanks.

P.S Google always seems to let me down when im searching for older versions of apps. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MCSA, OSCP, MCTS Config SharePoint 2007
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

You might want to try ebay as you never know might be on there for a few quids:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Look here... book includes a CD with an eval copy of the software.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have got to ask
    why is ISA2000 on your 'list'?
    its almost 8 years old
    and soon to be 3 versions out of date (2004, 2006 and 2008)

I mean come on
    ISA2000 is close to being out of support (if its not already), and it had enough failings that 2004 is deployed FAR more widely

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. BosonMichael

Ryan's right... I don't think I've seen any companies use ISA 2000 in a production environment in a long, long while. Thus, if it's not out there, there won't be much demand for those who know it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  6. mjtibbs

mjtibbs Bit Poster

Guys, I totaly agree, I think its a bit counter productive learning ISA Server 2000.

Why am I doing it? - Because its the only ISA exam that is part of the MCSA2003 elective.

See the MCSA requirements page (only copied a few):

Code:
    Elective exams (one exam required)
    Elective exams (one exam required) Classroom training Microsoft Official Distance Learning Microsoft E-Learning Microsoft Press books 
    Exam 70-089: Designing, Implementing, and Managing a Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Infrastructure
     Course 2596: Managing Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 (five days)

and

Course 2597: Planning and Deploying Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 (three days)
     There are no distance learning courses currently available.
     There are no e-learning courses currently available.
     Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Administrator's Companion (ISBN: 0-7356-1888-7)

[b]Exam 70-227 [SIZE="1"]1[/SIZE]: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, Enterprise Edition
     Course 2159: Deploying and Managing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 (three days)
     MCSE Training Kit (Exam 70-227): Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 (ISBN: 0-7356-1347-8)
     [/b]
    Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
     Course 2072: Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database (five days)
     MCSE Training Kit (Exam 70-228): Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 (ISBN: 0-7356-1347-8)

1 Exams 70-227, 70-350, and the CompTIA Security+ certification all satisfy both the MCSA elective requirement and an MCSA: Security specialization requirement. 

I wanted to learn ISA for my elective so i've no choice!

I assume they haven't upgraded the ISA exam since 2000?

This is definatly in the elective for MCSA2003 - I checked and re-checked before booking the exam as its so outdated.

Thanks for the replies, I am actually using that book mentioned but I got it second hand last year and there was no CD.

Ill find something... I'll just need to look harder

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

7. BosonMichael

Look further down the list:

8. mjtibbs

mjtibbs Bit Poster

arghh!

too late now.

thanks for pointing that out though!

I cant beleive I never seen that I when I made my choice :blink :dry

9. GW

GW Byte Poster

Certifications: MCP x4, CompTia x3
    WIP: Cisco CCNA