when was the UK I.T. jobs boom?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jamesclimax, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

When was the I.T. jobs boom?

Just out of curiosity, roughly when was the UK I.T. jobs "boom", when there were loads of jobs available and the mad rush for everyone to be employed in I.T.?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

1998 - 2001 I'd say.

3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I am also thinking it was around 10 years ago, since then it has started to decline and has either become development jobs out there or helpdesk is all I ever find.

Very hard finding a new job at the moment

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Nibble Poster

Yeah I thought it was about 10 years ago too. It Seems to me that now it's all either helpdesk / first line, development and business analyst jobs (which are not really IT)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS
    WIP: MCTS 70-659, Oracle, SQL, ITIL
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Need to start somewhere mate :)

I do the remember the MCSE = £30k job days.....

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. ibby

ibby Bit Poster

I think it was from 2001 to 2007.
    My phone never stopped ringing for a contract.

7. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

When I first started looking to jump ship from my current job back in May time, I used to get a lot of phone calls and felt very positive right after my CV went out to the usual agencies... but it's really died down towards this end of the year which is pretty natural. The job market should start to spring up again around April as this is when the tax year ends and companies find that they didn't spend all the budget, so then start recruiting... these are my thoughts but I may be wrong :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)