When do you receive MCP ID ?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Bambino1506, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Guys

Passed my 70-271 on monday, realised my prometric account was setup with my work email account and any mails would get blocked, so changed to my personal email account today.

I'm wondering if I will have missed the MCP ID already as I saw couple of mails blocked already ?

Sorry for the trivial question.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If in doubt, phone the Microsoft RSC.

They're usually pretty helpful.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

LOL!

...you are kidding right? (M$ helpful?)

4. Bambino1506

Thanks guys, I emailed prometric and they replied saying it takes upto 7 working days to even submit the result to microsoft. Guess I'll give it a couple of weeks.

5. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I remember that I first received my MCP id in the mail, but that was in '99. I don't know if those welcome packets are still shipped out... I know at the time it took a loooooong time to get my card.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  6. vlb

vlb Byte Poster

mate mines was taking ages, give them a phone in about a week and they will gove you it over the phone.

Certifications: MCDST, MCP 70-294
    WIP: MCSE
  7. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Nope - 'tis true.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  8. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Hi mate,

The following message is displayed on MCP member site at present. (which you wont have access to :rolleyes:)

"During the dates of November 29 through December 6, 2007, you will not be able order welcome kits or certificates from this Web site or from your Regional Service Center. This downtime is due to a system upgrade that is required to reduce shipment times for your MCP materials. Be assured that your transcript will continue to be updated during this time. We apologize for this inconvenience as we work to improve your experience with Microsoft Certification. If you were affected by the recent delay in welcome kit shipments, we are pleased to let you know that all outstanding kits have now been shipped. "

A similar message is also displayed on the prometric site concerning the transmission of recent exam results to microsoft.

Looks like the wait begins, hope this helps.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  9. Bambino1506

Thanks Billy, will phone the RSC in a couple of weeks.

10. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

Here is how to do it!

Create a new Microsoft login using a any of these if you aint already go one....Hotmail address, MSN e-mail address, or Microsoft Passport, these are Windows Live ID's.

(This is the number one reason you don't get an email from MS is that you didn' have one of these. Change you candiate email address to one of these before registering for an exam in the future!)

Get your MCP Number from your exam test result sheet, or login into your testers site and get it from there.

Create your Live ID if you ain't already got one.

Goto http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...tructions.mspx

Follow the instructions and associate your login with your MCP number.

Use your MCP & Live ID to Login to generate a temporary access / reset code, this is emailed to you.

Leave it for 48 hours to fully replicate, then you can login and order your welcome pack / paper certs. Using your temporary code / live ID / MCP number.

Once you've done that you just use your live ID & password.
    All a bit long winded but hey it worked ok for me :blink

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  11. Bambino1506

Thanks spilly, is it actually called "mcp number" on the test result sheet ? just I can't see any mcp number on it and nothing on the website either. Never thought it would be this hard to get the certificate lol.

12. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I'm in the same boat as you Bambino - just got my Prometric print out in front of me, but no MCP ID as yet - had a check on the Prometric site and nothing so far (its only been 3 working days) - did you get yours resolved in the end?

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  13. Bambino1506

Sorry Derkit, only just seen this.

I emailed the RSC [email protected] with my full name, exam details date etc, from my hotmail account, within a day they had emailed me my MCP number and account ID, then I just requested the welcome pack from the website.

Would give that a go mate.

14. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Thanks for the info - have mailed them now - don't really expect to hear anything back from them until the new year, but will wait and see

cheers

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  15. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Thanks spilly.

I did that and go my welcome kit and card on 1st exam, I did my 2nd exam in August still not reserved any papers as of yet :blink

How long should it take ?

Many thanks to Bambino1506 for the [email protected] I have sent email regarding I still not received my certificate blar blar