When do the 701/702 exams end???

Discussion in 'A+' started by SJMAC, Jun 16, 2012.

1. SJMAC

SJMAC New Member

Hey guys...

just wondering if anyone knows when the 701/702 exams end??? A few months ago I started studying using a mike myers 701/702 book and Im wondering when is the last date i'll be able to sit the exams? I know the new exams (801/802 is it?) start soon, i've just been on the comptia website looking for the end date of the 701/702 exams but couldnt find anything.

thanks sj :)

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You will have plenty of time on the overlap from the old objectives to the new, take a look at this thread http://www.certforums.com/forums/a/47287-comptia-2012-objectives-details.html as this may help with deciding if to study the 2009 objectives.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

SJ,

When the 801/802 is released, I am expecting they will also announce how much grace period will be provided before the 701/702 is closed.

Best advice though is don't panic, stay focused with your studies and take the exam as soon as you feel you are ready.

Good luck

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

ive been revising the 2009 objectives.... is there are particular time frame that I need to take the exams by, before the stop the exams?

5. shadowwebs

If you read my earlier post within this same thread, this should provide you the information to your question.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
    shocksl likes this.
  6. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

thanks for that, I've only read a chapter. Do you think it's worth it for me to ditch it and start revising for the new exam instead?

7. shadowwebs

That is honestly your choice whether you wanted to ditch what you have currently done and wait for the new exam objectives to go live, the thought did cross my mind but I felt that if I allowed myself the months of delay waiting not only for the 801/802 to go live, but also waiting for the exam material to become available then I may as well just go for the 701/702 which I did and passed first time.

Realistically you can study for and pass the 701/702 within around 2 months of studying, just depends how much time you can put in.

shocksl likes this.
  8. SJMAC

SJMAC New Member

Nice one guys, thanks....

Im just gonna carry on preparing for the 701/02 and get that done and dusted asap!

9. shadowwebs

a good way to test your knowledge, without using a mock test is to print out the exam objectives and next to every item listed try and write as much as you can about it from memory without using any of your study notes that you have made, or without looking online or at your study books... you will probably be quite amazed at how much you can note down and this will give you a confidence boost.

it will also highlight any areas that you need to look back over, or work on.

shocksl likes this.
  10. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

thanks mate, how many hours did you put in to pass it in 2 months?

11. shadowwebs

I spent most of my weekends doing it, and my social life went out the window but it meant that I was able to focus.

My girlfriend suffered a bit as it meant that in the mornings waking up together I would get up at around 7am to do a couple of hours before she got up, it was hard but it ended up being worth it for me in the end.

shocksl likes this.
  12. shocksl

shocksl Byte Poster

thanks for that, was that just reading the book then? about 3 hours a week, 5 times...do u think it's doable in that time scale? ... i know bits n bobs, like hardware already.