What!!!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by metrock 66, Jul 17, 2008.

1. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

I am selling my car and this just came in my inbox.....
    Does he think i was born yesterday!!!:x

HELLO SELLER,

I SAW THE OF YOUR CAR ON AUTOTRADER.CO.UK WHICH IS FOR SALE.I AM OKAY WITH THE CONDITIONS OF THE CAR AND I AM READY TO BUY FROM YOU. I AM BASED IN DUBLIN IRELAND ,BUT AT THE MOMENT AM ENGAGED IN ALOT OF THINGS TO COME FOR THE VIEWING OF THE CAR. AM OKAY WITH YOUR PRICE AND AM READY TO GIVE YOU EXTRA 200 EXTRA FOR SECURING OF THE CAR SO IT WOULD NOT BE SOLD TO ANOTHER BUYER ,AND FOR YOU TO KNOW HOW COMMITED I AM IN BUYING FROM YOU SO THE TOTAL MONEY YOU WILL BE GETTING FOR THIS PURCHASE IS THE PRICE AND EXTRA £200 . I WILL LIKE YOU TO KNOW THAT I CAN\'T COME FOR THE VIEWING OF THE CAR AS EARLIER STATED CAUSE I\'M VERY BUSY AT WORK RIGHT NOW, BUT WITH WHAT I SAW ON THE
    ADVERT I AM SATISFIED.I WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND ME SOME PICTURES OF THE
    PRESENT LOOK OF THE CAR.I LOVE THIS PARTICULAR MODEL.I WILL BE VERY
    HAPPY IF THE CAR IS MINE. I WILL ALSO WANT YOU TO KNOW I WILL BE
    PAYING YOU WITH A BANKER\'S DRAFT, THE AMOUNT ON THIS DRAFT WILL BE MORE THAN THE PRICE OF YOUR CAR[OVERPAYMENT]. THE EXCESS FUND ON THE DRAFT WILL BE FOR MY AGENT FOR PICKUP OF THE CAR AND SOME OF MY OTHER ITEMS I ALREADY BHOUGHT INSIDE AND OUTSIDE UK . ONCE YOU HAVE FUNDS CLEARED IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT YOU WILL DEDUCT YOUR TOTAL MONEY PLUS THE EXTRA\'S FROM THE FUNDS AND WIRE THE EXCESS TO MY AGENT FOR PICKUP, SO THAT THEY CAN PROCEED WITH THE NECESSARY PAPERWORK AND ARRANGE WITH YOU A CONVINIENT DATE AND TIME FOR PICKUP. IF THIS IS OKAY BY YOU,YOU WILL HAVE TO GET BACK TO ME WITH SOME NECESSARY INFORMATION WHICH WILL BE NEEDED FOR THIS TRANSACTION TO
    PROCEED. 1 THE INFORMATION IS AS FOLLOW; YOUR FULL NAME.... YOUR FULL
    ADDRESS WITH POSTCODE......... YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBERS BOTH OFFICE AND
    MOBILE/HOME NUMBERS... N:B THE NAME YOU GIVE WILL BE THE NAME YOU WILL SEE ON THE CHEQUE AND IT WILL BE SENT TO THE > ADDRESS YOU MAIL TO ME.YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS FOR TIME TO TIME CONTACT. ALSO IF ANY BUYER CONTACT YOU ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR CAR,PLEASE TELL THEM IT'S ALREADY BEEN SOLD CAUSE AM READY TO MAKE PAYMENT AS SOON AS I GET THOSE
    DETAILS NEEDED FROM YOU.
    I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO A HAPPY TRANSACTION.
    HOPING TO READ FROM YOU SOON.THIS IS MY PHONE NUMBER JUST INCASE YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME OK

Certifications: None
    WIP: Just started A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Why not send him your bank details, he want's everything else. He may aswell have a full house :tongue

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Yeah gonna invite him from ireland for a few beers and a chat about things offer the spare bed in the house as well cause he'll be tired....:biggrin :biggrin...lol...

4. greenbrucelee

lol, don't just invite him though ask if his relatives can come too.:D

5. metrock 66

metrock 66 Byte Poster

Of course gbl how inconsidrate of me.....(fu**ing unbelievable) and he could have thought of a better name than walter julius (wasn't he one of the characters in twins with arnold and danny devito)??..lol :p

6. greenbrucelee

ha ha, that was on TV the other day. He was called Walter Julius, maybe he has a genetic freak twin like in the film so don't piss him off.:p

7. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

you gotta love those nigerian scams

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  8. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  9. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I think that was drafted by the same guy who emailed me to tell me I won some foreign lotto. I gave him my bank details months ago, and there still is a negative balance. Bummer. :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  10. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

LMAO, I read a couple of the baiter scams, funny as hell. One guy got a £10,000 cheque sent to him and was emailing the scammer for weeks. He got the guy to admit he was a dumb cheque scammer and convinced him he had cashed the fake cheque and purchased a red Porshe. I might try and bait the next scam email I get, should be a laugh!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. NightWalker

Result! Had a look in my spam hotmail account that I use to sign up for stuff online, it gets shed loads of spam. Found this:
    ---------------------------------
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: it`s caitlyn
    Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 02:59:50 -0800

Hi,
    i am here sitting in the internet caffe. Found your email and
    decided to write. I am 25 y.o.girl.
    I have a picture if you want. No need to reply here as
    this is not may email. Write me at [email protected]

-----------------------------------

Not wanting to disapoint the young lady, she might have been sitting in that internet caffe since Wednesday waiting for me to reply so I typed her a quick message:

-----------------------------------
    Hi Caitlyn,

How nice to get an email from you. I am pleased to meet you. I would like to see a picture so I know what you look like, your emails will have more meaning then. What do you do for a job? Where do you live?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rob Marks

----------------------------------

I might start a thread and post all the emails so you can keep track of my progress.... :twisted:

12. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Lucky you I've been waiting for some such scam to land in my inbox and take the scammer on an artful ride

Go for it:twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  13. NightWalker

No reply from them yet.... maybe they have been arrested, why now when I want to toy with the scammer :twisted: