what would you do if drinking alcohol is banned in your country?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Jan 16, 2011.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

Until Where would Your reactions go if you meet such a terrible prohibition?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'd need a stiff drink...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. sidimmu

sidimmu Bit Poster

id cheer to a certain extent

it dont need banning but does need controlling a lot more than it does now, such a dangerous drug yet everyone has gotten in to believing that it is completely safe and should be a part of life, when it has proven to be a major cause for trouble, health and mental problems.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Don't think anyone says its completly safe. Its the folk that drink far too much that spoil it for the rest of us.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Kobem - I notice that a lot of your threads concern alcohol in one way or another. I know we're into IT so it makes some sense, but what gives?

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

you maybe right but im not an alcoholic. Truly, i drink alcohol especially on "special days", in addition at the time
    i feel so unhappy or stressed. Apart from these days, its needless to take it for me. Moreover, If you are a person like me who didn't reach the level of being alcoholic, you get it to relax just relax. A way of getting rid of
    dirty life.

Certifications: CCNA
  7. sidimmu

sidimmu Bit Poster

well its deemed to be safer than other drugs, the folk that do spoil it for the rest are ever increasing though which is the major problem :(

8. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not drink alcohol, or leave.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  9. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Or you can stay and consider it being a grey area. Drugs are illegal but people still take them.

I don't drink often enough for this to affect me.

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  10. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

The majority would change their mind if they were risking being sent to prison for the purchase of drugs. Right now all we do is attack the supply which pushes prices up and makes it a better business to be in.

If you thought the guy you were buying drugs from was a copper and there was a considerable chance that you'd be sent down for buying them, you may think twice ;)

As for alcohol, it's one of them things, nothing good comes of but it's a leisure pursuit and any attempt to punish those who use it to excess only punishes the rest of us. Curbing it comes from creating a stigma around the binge drinking.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  11. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

"what would you do if drinking alcohol is banned in your country?"

Inject it?

12. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Brew it!

When I lived in Saudi Arabia, the had quite strict drinking laws i.e. no booze allowed!

Funny thing was that on the local market stalls the beer brewing kits were widely available for purchase! :D

Also, many folk we knew simply bought lots of grapes and made wine with them!

Where there's a will there's a way! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  13. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Not give a ****, as it wouldnt affect me?

Or

Rejoice as all the drunken tits **** off out of the city.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  14. drum_dude

Not strictly true Sparky me old mucker!

Lots of folk get wrecked in the privacy of their home and then simply go to bed after. The main issue is with the minority of male and females who cannot handle their boozing in town centres on a Friday and Saturday night! Most revellers are fine, but it's just that minority that cause the issue!

If anything, the licensing laws need to be tightened but I doubt the govt will do that because of the amount of ££££ they'll lose in tax and VAT revenues. So they prefer to just opt to let an overstretched police force deal with it!

:blink

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  15. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That is true, its the minority that make it onto these "City Cops" type shows. I always wonder how much they have had to drink! :eek:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

read a few books from 1920s America, i'm sure you can find out what it was like :)
    and how they got around it

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. drum_dude

every ban presents an opportunity: think Al Capone LOL! :biggrin

18. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Turn to crack :blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  19. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

LOL.

Desperate time and measures and all that. :D

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  20. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually it really wouldn't bother me, I can live for months without a drink (and invariably do), it's not because I don't like it, it's because I don't need a drink to have fun. Like Drum-Dude I have also spent time in Saudi and the lack of alcohol at that time wasn't an issue (infact I spent my 21st stone cold sober because of being there).

One thing I am glad to say is that my wife has never truely seen me drunk... ever. Sure she has heard me when I call her up to tell her how much I love her but actually seeing me didn't happen :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA