what would you choose? car related

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Mar 15, 2010.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

A 200 bhp Audi A3 sportback or A 200 bhp honda civic type r?

Have just had the type r out on a test drive and it was spot on. I am taking the audi out later.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

A3 mate 8)

Saying that I like the shape of the type r's

Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I'd get the VW scirocco if you can stretch to it mate :D

Beautiful car.

[​IMG]

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

Depends what you are after.

I have the Civic, and have loved it as it is great fun to drive. The downside is that the rigid suspension is not great if you have a baby seat! Had no kids when i bought it but now I am looking for something else. I cant drive it as it is meant to be driven with a sprog in the back so time for it to go for a 5 door with a bit softer suspension. Middle age here i come!

The A3 will be less fun, but a bit more refined. I think you will probably find the servicing costs/parts etc are a fair bit higher on the Audi. To give you an idea, full service on the Honda is around £150. Tyres are expensive on the Honda, the stock size bridgestones it comes with are both crap in the wet and around £130 each last time I looked. You can go up to a slightly larger sidewall size in Yokohamas for around £70 each, and I would recomend this.

Have a look on the owners club website www.civictype-r.co.uk

Enjoy whatever you choose.

PS - do you want to buy mine?

:)

Certifications: C&G, A+
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personally, the Civic :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'd go civic as well I have to say, my sister used to have the old A3 and it was a damn fine car but running it was fairly expensive.

And if you look at the Scirocco for christs sake don't go anywhere near the diesel, its ****e.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I would go with the type R my self... we don't have civic type R's in canada you have to import them, but I love those cars, my friend imported on and man are they fun to drive! As for the Audi, I would rather get the A4 personally...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  8. greenbrucelee

Cheers dude, how many miles and how much? The one I am buying (if I buy it) is a good price a low milage

I don't do diesel :)

mmm seems like the type r is popular. It was a nice drive it didn't even seem like I was doing 100mph after the V-tec kicked in.

I let you lot know how the audi test drive goes :)

9. Nick74

Nick74 Bit Poster

This will show you how under used mine is. May be older than you are looking at but its a 2003 reg so the prefacelift model on the old shape, but only done 38k. I bought it in 2004 with 19k on the clock! I dont want to think about how much I have lost in depreciation per mile, I would probably cry myself dry :biggrin

I have been saying to myself for months I need to get it cleaned, photo'd and stuck on Autotrader, I just never seem to have the time. Its getting mot'ed in the morning. Is due a service but its only been about 3k since the last one, so I may just let the new owner do it. I was going to stick it on Autotrader for £6750 or therabouts.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread, one of few on this site I feel I have any knowledge on atm!!

Certifications: C&G, A+
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Didn't think that the Type-R were diesel :blink

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Neither did I.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Bro, I'd go with the Skyline! but R32 not the new one! or the Nissan Sylvia S14 with the SR20DET engine in it! what a cool drift car!

13. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

I have owed a Civic Type R and currently have an A4.

If you after tonnes of fun then get the Type R, if your looking to be more refined with that German build quality get the A4 err A3.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's why I'm staying quiet - I know relatively little about cars. I've got a '99 Nissan Altima with 220,000 miles on it. As long as it gets me from point A to point B, I'm OK with it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. brizzoluk

brizzoluk Kilobyte Poster

I would go for the Type R, my girlfriend used to have one but had to get rid of it due to expanding family.
    But they are so much fun to drive and never had any problems with it, mechanical or otherwise.
    It really does drink the petrol when you put your foot down but did i say how much fun they are to drive? :biggrin

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: Network+
  16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I'm kinda with you there mate!
    not really into the performance car thing, but i do like some of the modern creature comforts as I'm often doing 7+ hour drives to the west coast :) I've put 16k miles on my Edge in the 18 months i've had it, its an 08 with 32k on it now, heated leather seats, Ford Sync technology that and AWD, thats about the only comforts that were must have :)

I've also fitted it with a 7pin & Class 2 hitch to tow my 16ft ATV trailer (can hold 3) :)
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1803041/redneck.jpg <-- Ryan the REDNECK!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Pheo - want a go on your ATV's :D

What models are they?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  18. greenbrucelee

I meant about the siroco.

Anyway I teste the 2 litre turbo A3, it was quick but a bit ordinary looking and a bit grandaddy ish inside, think I'll go for the type r

19. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Have you test driven a Golf GTI?

20. greenbrucelee

yes and the golf mark 3 is still the best. The GTi, type and audi a3 2 litre turbo all have 197 bhp and infact the a3 and gti use the same TFSi engine