what type of video games would you play?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by kobem, Jan 2, 2008.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

who find free time can reply to this topic i consider.

my favorite is the witcher , what are yours?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

The only game I ever had time to play was Grand Theft Auto Vice City (PC version) from a few years back, (as I was studying games programming at the time), and I can say it was a totally outstanding game. A guy who was at the same school as me actually invented the original GTA game, as well as the popular 'Lemmings' game.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

At this moment in time on:

PC: Hellgate London
    Wii: Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 & Big Brain Academy

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Call of Duty 4.. awesome stuff 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

COD4 for me too

and Crysis

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

For me it would be:

Forza 2
    Guitar Heroes 3
    Fifa 08

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. dingy

dingy Bit Poster

Super Mario Galaxy :biggrin
    When I've got the time:cry:

Certifications: A+,N+,MCDST
    WIP: Relax
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Still having a blast with Titan Quest: Immortal Throne... though I do play others from time to time.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

UT99, C&C Kane edition.. (PC)

Fifa 08 (xbox 360)

Certifications: A+, N+
  10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Currently hooked on Titan Quest, but play fifa 2007 PC version from time to time. I wonder if the 2008 version is any better in terms of improvement and game play?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

At the moment I'm playing Titan Quest, Guild Wars (occasionally) and CoD 4 on my sons new Nintendo DS Lite. :twisted:

I'm also looking at setting up a new pc to play crysis on (and to use for study of course).

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  12. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

guild wars ? i was playing that a long time ago . a Few months later i left it , during playin
    my favorite was necros

Certifications: CCNA
  13. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

xbox 360 - guitar hero 3, cod4, halo 3 and trying to convince the wife to let me get rock band for us. :)

wii - big brain academy and super mario galaxy. i play the wii games with my 4 year old daughter she has a blast with the wii.

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  14. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Haven't had time to play for a fair few years now :(

..But loved GTA Vice city,
    Gauntlet, Zelda, Tony Hawkes...oh and had "Echo the Dolphin" on the dreamcast (for the 4 months that I kept it) was fun - bit of a girlie one though!
    and there was one way back that a mate had. Played it for 3 nights solid...but damn I can't remember what it was called!!! :dry ...very dark - there was a guy and prostitutes..and something to do with coke can machines....or was I just imagining it?? Getting old!! :(

Really do miss those times

(edit)....oooooh, just remembered, it was: http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne/

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  15. BosonMichael

Ono, Nugg - I've got the following characters:

Warfare + Defense
    Rogue + Hunter
    Earth + Nature
    Storm + Spirit
    Dream + Spirit

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  16. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

Pro Evo Soccer
    Bomberman Live on the XBOX
    SWOS on XBox Live
    anything on the wii
    Medal of Honour games series and Call of Duty, There's nothing better at relieving stress than shooting shedloads of Nazis.......... :biggrin

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  17. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Hey BM, is that the heir apparent to DiabloII? I shelved that years ago, but it was my favorite, possibly evar:D

Now, what little game time is I have sucked up between BF2142, COD4 on PC, Mass Effect on 360, and the Wii. However, these days, that's about 3 hours a week.

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  18. BosonMichael

Yes, it is considered the heir to the DII throne, which I adored. I'd recommend that you pair TQ with the TQ: Immortal Throne expansion, which adds another act, a 9th character class (Dream), arcane formulae, and other stuff (sorta like D2:LOD did with the 5th act, the Barbarian and Druid, and jewels and stuff).

19. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

WoW! now I'd say your the Don:), how long have you been playing?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  20. BosonMichael

Can't remember when I started... a few months, I guess. Only one of them has completed the game on Normal, another is almost there. But there's Epic and Legendary to do... a long way left to travel, and a lot of items left to collect. :)

Let's see... if I remember correctly, I've played my Earth + Nature character (who is the one about to complete Normal) for about 40 hours (it keeps track of that stat for you)... but I do ALL the quests and explore ALL the caves. You can certainly complete it in much less time.