What to pursue?

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Arunram, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

Hello all,
    i have my MCP and i passed my 70-290.Now i want to do my exchange exam..Is it wise doing this?or is it mandatory to write in the order for gaining MCSA or MCSE?
    If i can do exchange exam,shall i go for exchange server 2003 or 2007?
    Thanx!!

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Depends, how much experience do you have with Exchange? Do you want to do the Exchange exam?

While it is not mandatory to take the exams in any order, it will be easier to do the exams in order listed on the MS website, eg client, Server, network, option. As they build on one another.

Again depends on you. If you do the 2003 one, you can gain the MCSA: Messaging - a qual that will not retire/expire. If you do the 2007 one you can gain the MCTS cert, which is newer.

Exchange 2003 will be supported until 2014, while Exchange 2007 will be supported until 2017.

Hope this helps.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Arunram

Arunram Byte Poster

thanx for ur info.....

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  4. marjorie Romeo

marjorie Romeo New Member

Hello,
    I new here, I had first trained on Exchange 2000, some years ago, then worked on Exchange 2003, during 2 years..6 months ago, I started my full MCSA courses/training, 270,290,291 and the Last now is Exchange 2007, I like it , is very different from old Exchange, with Powershell, and all the Transport roles, but I like it; I always like working on Exchange server and mail boxes; and after my exams on monday the 236, I will go on for full MCTIP and will continue with 237, 238...and Server 2008 and so on, if you never touch exchange, I think you better begin with 2003 and afterward...cause in real world, Exchange 2003, is still valid and for some years...
    Good Luck
    Marjorie