What to dooooo?!

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Dazzo, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Dazzo

Dazzo Byte Poster

Bought Mw3 when it came out for PS3. Not sure why though I was expecting some form of change from battlefield 3 were I could just run around and shoot everything instead of having to think. It accomplishes this but it seems to me I've paid almost £40 for some maps......

Now I'm in the dilema of trading it in for Skyrim / waiting for Skyrim as a xmas gift and then Skyrim on PC or PS3? :O

Anyone played it on both platforms for comparison?

Thoughts on MW3?

Certifications: A+, MOS: Master 2010, Network +
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I like MW3, but i do agree, you basically have paid for more maps. I get the feeling that infinity ward and treyarc colluded on this, as i get the impression im playing black ops with the MW speed, i founf black ops and world at war, very slow indeed.

Also this year i bought the hardened edition, which to be honest is pants. You get the mw game and 1 years membership to the elite service, whic took me ages to sign up to, because theyre server was down and when i manage to get on to it, its very slow and clicnky and not value for money

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

If you can get SKYRIM... do.

4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Skyrim FTW. The majority of feedback I've seen everywhere on the net for this game basically slates it as an "expansion pack" for MW2 (never played the series but a few friends have and they are majorly disappointed). Having never played this shooter where you have to "think" I ended up accidentally picking up the last legs of the "campaign" whilst a mate was cooking dinner. Needless to say it seemed ridiculously simple.

Get Skyrim!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Id agree with what the vast amount of people who have been playing MW3 are saying, it is basically an expansion pack for MW2. When i got MW2, i was excited, and i couldnt put it down , but with the new one, i feel that they have taken my money and stuck 2 fingers up. Half of the stuff the said had been sorted like tactical insertions has been left in, and they seem to have borrowed old stuff from cod 4 modern warfare, chucked a bit of black ops game graphics in, and elements of MW2 and called it MW3

I think from now on, i will wait and see on all games

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680