What study guide is the best for CompTIA A+

Discussion in 'A+' started by nizaw, Oct 16, 2014.

1. nizaw

nizaw New Member

Hi all of my friend
    I'm preparing for CompTIA A+ certification. I don't know what study guide is the best for CompTIA A+ book (best study website) and what materials need for CompTIA A+. Please tell me best way for CompTIA A+.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cry:

2. James Fogel

James Fogel New Member

Hi, cool guys, I think Mike Meyers Book is a good study materials for preparing CompTIA A+ 220-802 exam, which will tell you the basic knowledge points, and you can also refer to here *********** (220-801) and ********** (220-802). Hope you pass exam easily.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  3. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

4. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Seconding Mike Meyers and Professor Messor. Eli the Computer Guy is also good, but he does not map his stuff to any particular certification in the way that Messer does.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  5. Aj1

Aj1 New Member

Professor Messer gives useful background info to help you connect the dots easily

6. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

Hi nizaw,

It is always best not to limit yourself to one particular resource when studying as that can give you a very narrowed view of the material, what you actually need to be seeing is as much information on the topics as possible (to cover the criteria) as this will give you a much better understanding and put you in a stronger position for facing the exam.

Although this particular exam is considered to only over the basics, knowing those basics well will make things a hell of a lot easier going forward so look for resources from as many places as you can and soak up as much as possible! I would recommend much of the above including Mike Meyers, Professor Messer, CBT Nuggets, Labs .etc

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

The Mike Myeres book seems to be the recommended one, its a very meaty book though, I have it but also have the exam cram by David L. Prowse which cuts the fluff out.

8. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

I agree 100% with Juelz. Go for the exam cram. Myeres book is great and covers everything but I prefer Prowse' writing style in the cram books. Also as the others stated you have to check out Professor Messer's free videos. Quality stuff.