what is the difference, which to take?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Mariusz, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

Hi
    Sorry for stupid question :-)
    At the moment I am working on 70-680 but I want to do MCITP, and I don't understand the difference (I suppose it is very little) between Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7: Exam 70-680 and Exam 70-685 and Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7: Exam 70-680 and Exam 70-686

Besides one more question
    How do I get MCITP? Example: Let's say I did 70-680 and I am learning towards 70-685, and I passed it as well, how will I obtain MCITP (not two separate certificates) how does it work?
    Sorry if it is noob question :-)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

There are no stupid questions

The Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 is the MCDST replacement, the Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 is at the same level as the MCITP: Server Admin and MCITP: Enterprise Admin (just different job roles).

By passing the 70-680 and the 70-685 you will be automatically gain the MCITP credential, you can't earn the MCITP without the related MCTS.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

will they send me separate cert/paper for MCITP?

will 685 be easier than 686 then?
    If I will do 70-680 and both 685 and 686 do I get 2 MCITP?

cheers for help :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

You would get a separate cert for each MCTS passed and one for the MCITP after passing the two MCTS's. You don't get paper certs unless you request them (at a cost) but get a digital cert that you can download and print.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

According to reports, yes. But then again, what may be easier for one, may not be for another. It just depend on your experience and knowledge.

You'll get the:

MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 &
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security