What is MCC??

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Hawar, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Hawar

Hawar New Member

Hello

I had an interview yeasterday for a junior system administartor vacancy. The interviewer told me that the minimum requirment for me to work for them is an MCC.

Could anyone tell me what does this course involve and how much it would cost? Is it part-time etc.

If I understood it correctly, the interviewer told me that they will be able to teach me to get that qulification if I actually come up with a 1000 pounds. But I'm not sure if I would be working for them at the same time or not. The company that I had the interview with are the James Thornton Group. So basicly I went out of the interview without understanding what their actual plan for me would be!:oops: (I didn't ask them to clarify because I knew i wouldn't be able to get that £1000. but things have kinda changed since yeasterday)
    I'm kinda in a situation here. They will phone me up tomorrow and tell me if they are able to take me on or not.(Providing i can come up with the 1k)

Is anyone here experienced enough to have an idea what they mean?

Thanks.

2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Could they have meant an MCP? Microsoft Certified Professional.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This sounds a little odd. James Thornton are a well known (but not always highly regarded) training company.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

I hunted around when i was after IT qualifications and found it cheaper to go through local colleges.
    I was able to do Cisco IT Essentials 1 plus both A+ exams for under £300.
    It's case of looking on their websites for the info & most can offer fee reduction if you are unemployed or on a low wage.
    A local college to me does MCP and it's no where near £1k, i think it's about £400 including exam fee.

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

They are a TP, I guarantee that they will say they can take you on. No, you wouldnt be working for them, they will happily take your money and 'train' you.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Am I the only one totally shocked by the fact that anyone would be cheeky enough to demand you pay for a course required to do the job? thats utter tosh, its a fraud, move along, there cant be nothing but bad stuff at the end of that tunnel

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Hawar

Hawar New Member

yeah they phoned me up this morning and they offered me a place. but i said no. The guy on the other line didn't see too bothered by that. which probably says it all.

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Ack well mate, there will be plenty more opportunities in the future. :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I was gonna say master controller chip but obviousley you meant MCP. :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

I'm with Ryan. Strange job -- you have to pay to work there :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE