What exchange certs are there now?

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Mikeyboy, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hello all...

Was just nosing on the MCP site and seeing what "paths" are available... after I sit the 291, and get the MCSA, I was thinking of doing an exchange cert as I work with exchange a lot. According to the MCP site, if I do the 70-284 I can be an MCSA:messaging or something, but when I looked up the 70-284, it says this exam was retired in march?!

So,

1) why is MCSA:messaging listed as available to me when the exam I need to do is no longer available?

2) what is available to me :biggrin

Thanks

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Even though you are unable to gain it, it is still possible for other to gain it (MS guide is only a generic guide). Eg someone who completed the 284 before it was retired, but only needs the 291, etc...

Exam 70-662 (MCTS for Exchange 2010) + Exam 70-663 (Pro exam for Exchange 2010) = MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2010

Exam 70-236 (TS for Exchange 2007) + Exam 70-237 (Pro exam for design for 2007) + Exam 70-238 (Pro exam for 2007) = MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2007 - this route retires in Sept 2012

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Must get ALL the certifications!!!

Sorry, I've been reading memebase all night long...

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  4. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

Just go for the MCITP:EMA 2010, its only 2 exams as opposed to the MCITP:EMA 2007 is 3 exams, plus when the next version of Exchange is released, in a year or so the MCITP:EMA 2007 will expire.

I just wish i could hurry up and get my MCITP:SA so i can move my focus to upgrading my MCITP:EMA Cert to 2010

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre
  5. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Hm interesting, well as you say then I am better off going for the 2010 ones as they will be relevant for longer, I just wanted to do one relating to 2003 as that is what I use at the moment and we are unlikely to upgrade it anytime soon.. Makes sense to work with what is current though... thanks!

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  6. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

Sorry i wasnt 100% clear.

All your 2003 certs dont actualy expire, MCSE, MCSA, MCP etc

But when MS updated to the "new generation" of certifications, once the technology your certified in is 2 versions old, it is officially expired.

So id suggest getting your 2003 certs while you still can, as they are with you forever (they will obviously get old and pretty much become redundant) they wont offically expire.

But in regards to MCITP:EMA 2007, if you havent already started it, just go for the MCITP:EMA 2010. Plus the fact the EMA 2010 cert is only 2 exams as opposed to 3 for the EMA 2007.

On a side note, just getting certs on systems you current employer uses wont help "you" progress, just remember win 2k3 is almost 9 year old now.

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre