what do you think?

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, Feb 7, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have done 3 practice exams today for 220-601 scoring 787, 883 and 824.

Do you think I'm ready?

I am getting wages deducted at the end of the month as work overpaid me last month but if I have enough spare should I be book the exams?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

I personally believe that you should go for it, as far as what i've read from your posts, you seem to know your stuff (but i haven't looked at the objectives for this exam)

GBL, if you feel that you are ready, then go for it, as you will only keep delaying it, if you feel that you are not ready, then dont bother, keep studing...

Good Luck Kid...

3. greenbrucelee

Cheers mate, I am gonna keep studying until I see what my wages are when I get paid then I'll be book both exams for the same day, since my test centre is 60 miles away and I am not getting much time of work at present.

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Frankly, only *you* know if you're ready or not. There's *always* going to be a little doubt in your mind, but it's just as bad to "overstudy" as to "understudy". If you "feel" ready, then do it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

60 miles away!

FFS! you live on a remote island off the british coast or something?

6. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Hrmph, in Guatemala my choice is 4 test centres in the capital (the capital being one of the lower levels of hell) 15 miles away, or my choice of neighbouring countries.

60 miles to the nearest test centre??!?!??!??!?!?

(PS Just as well I'm in London and the nearest test centre is about two miles away 8))

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  7. greenbrucelee

Well I did the PDI+ beta at Whtehaven which 50odd but don't want to go back there as it was very noisy and distracting, the Vue centre at Newcastle only does exams for their own students now, so its gonna have to be Sunderland.

8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Go for it mate. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. greenbrucelee

I do feel ready but I have never been confident in exams that mean getting something thats really important to me.

10. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Like tripwire45 said, only you know if you’re ready or not. Since you feel ready, go for it. Be confident (looks like you are) and keep studying your weak points and review the strengths. :study

11. greenbrucelee

cheers for that, my main weak points really are going to fast on exams and I do stupid things like only checking one box when I'm supposed to pick 2 and Windows 2000 as I have never used it but I do have a list of commands and what things do.

If I get mainly XP questions when it comes to OS usage I should be ok.

12. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Well from what I've read on these boards, you've been preparing for the exam for quite some time and you do seem to know the material pretty well. To me it looks like you might be ready, but like trip said only you know for sure.

What ever you decide GBL good luck I am sure you're going to do well.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  13. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

You'll be fine mate...

You just need to remember to follow your own good advice to others on CF... :D

I am looking forward to seeing the 'I Passed!!!' on this bit of the forum... :biggrin

14. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I think that you are definately ready my friend.

How about you book it at MTC on the 27th March, or at Xpertise in Washington the mon, tue, wed the week after?

(I'm at xpertise doing ITIL then aparently!)

8)

15. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You know the stuff, just go do it.

Take it not as most people do, "oh no an exam", but as an opportunity to really show how much you know.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  16. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I just done 70-270 at xpertise in London, very impressed with the place, really good learning environment!

GBL, Only advice I can offer is that I was also dreading the exam and doubting myself, and then I went and scored 835 on the 601 and 870 on the 602 a month later. You'll be fine mate, just go for it and remember, you've got ALOT of time, so use it. I'll be waiting to say congrats on the day of the exam(s) mate. :D

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  17. greenbrucelee

Cheers for the encouragement people :)

Don't know about the 27th Si I need to see how much I get paid as work are deducting wages of me, but unless I can get the time of work it'll be a monday when I take them.

18. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi GBL, I think your defo ready for it, dont forget this isnt an exam in the normal sense if (and i doubt you will) fail them you can take them again with a better understanding of what you need to work on! exam in itself is a scary word think of them as tests.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  19. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I went for the exams after doing all sorts of online practice exams, some scores good, some bad. I passed both A+ exams comfortably doing one each day. With talking about what I had in my A+ Exams, I sometimes wonder if the people who put the online exams together have done the exams themselves. Pretty much all of the content in the practice exams didn't come up.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  20. greenbrucelee

Thanks mate :)

Hopefully I'll do it first time as the money thing is a big issue for me.

I know what you mean I have paid for legit practice exams by Transcender and Preplogic and hopefully Bosons to evaluate when BM & Josh get it done, but I have done some free practice ones too & some of them a shockingly bad and cover redundant material.