What do you put funky PCs on?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baba O'Riley, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a nice new desk for my nice new PC. Unfortunately, unless I want to pay as much as much as I am for the computer :ohmy , I can't find any that really catch my eye. I've tried the obvious places like Argos, Ikea, Office-World etc. but it's all tat. Are there any places out there that do cool but affordable workstations/desks?

Cheers.

Baba.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I use the Ikea Jerker
    it is 'teh daddy' desk :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. Baba O'Riley

Thanks Phoenix. Although I like most of Ikea's stuff I find their PC desks to be a little too bland. I was hoping someone had some ideas that are a break from the norm.

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

the problem with breaking from the norm is generally cost :)

thier used to be a company called space2 that made some cool looking stuff, but they were rather expensive and have since gone by the wayside i think, a shame though :(

good luck finding something, and let us all in on it incase we are interested :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Spudman

Spudman New Member

I've got a nice trolly from Index (now shut down im afraid) silver metal frame with frosted glass shelves, fits in nicely with the decor :D I've also mounted a blacklight from the gadget shop (also shut down...) to match the glow from my case. Looks great IMO

Certifications: CompTIA A+
    WIP: CompTIA Network+
  6. Baba O'Riley

Thanks Spudman. A black light huh? Very 80s. I didn't know the Gadget Shop had folded but it doesn't surprise me with the prices they charged.

This is the desk I plumped for in the end. Not totally boring and big enough to fit two monitors on.

Cheers.

7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Baba,

fair play to Staples, they make good, strong office furniture. The price isn't too bad either. If you aren't desperate it might be worth waiting for one of their 20% off days. :biggrin

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. Baba O'Riley

Cheers Boyce,

I bought the desk some time ago now so no chance of a discount :( .

I'm actually pretty happy with it. Like you say, it's sturdy as a rock and it looks better than it does in the picture.