What did Santa bring this year?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Come on, let's share who got what favourite presents.

Apart from two Terry Pratchett books in German, which may well take me till next Christmas to read :oops: I got a Canon IXUS 70 from my t'other half. I was most impressed, considering we imlicitly said we wouldn't spend much on each other this year :oops:

I've gone all snap happy. Never had my own digital camera before!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Couple of lumps of coal. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

well, I can't help it if someone was a naughty boy this year :wink:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

A broken boiler :(

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Well I actually got my main prezzie two weeks ago which was 2GB ram.

My brother gave me some vouchers for clothes which I used in the sales today :)

I needed some clothes since I haven't bought any for a few years.

My sister gave me a tshirt

I was chuffed this crimbo :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Ok, to be fair, even though we don't celebrate Christmas, we did make some purchases. Since I've been losing a bit of weight, I needed some winter shirts. My old ones are too big and my really old ones are too worn. The missus bought smaller sized jeans for me some time ago as an incentive and I'm finally able to fit into them, so that's covered.

We also bought some t-shirts and shorts for me for the gym (going again today, though it's snowing like mad outside now). My parents sent us a box for Channukah some time ago and we didn't open it until my daughter came home from uni. I got some socks and snacks in that one (remember, Channukah is a minor holiday, so the gifts are supposed to be rather modest).

This isn't a gift, but my son bought the first five seasons of "Smallville" on DVD and now he's got me hooked. I'm in the middle of season 2 now so although it's not Christmas related and not a present, it still has the impact of something new for me to do at the end of December. :D

7. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

hmmm lets see....

1 headache, 2 ulcers and high blood pressure! 2 falling outs with me mother over the kids, 3 rows with me dad over the falling outs, a slap in the face from the g/f, Oh and probably sometime early next year Kidney failure from all the booze!

happy new year all!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So I take it your parents didn't leave on Christmas Eve?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

A traditional British Christmas then :blink

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

4 days off (kind of).

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I see you are listing some of the reasons I don't celebrate Christmas anymore. While the "season" *can* bring out the best in some people, all too often, it brings out the worst. I'll be glad when people start driving normally again rather than like stressed-out homicidal maniacs. :blink

12. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Nope they left today, my dad talked my mother into starying for xmas day (she was going to get the train home!). Didn't stop another argument xmas day, but that was a quick one and it was quiet after that. So they left today early. Been at the g/f mothers for rest of today (got bored quickly) and now home finishing off the booze. Thankf Fek its over for another year!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Prezzies:-

From My Mum
    A Sony PSP and 1GB of MS pro Duo.
    Medievil Resurrection - sweet:biggrin

From My Sister
    Black Adder the complete collection on DVD.
    Some choc's

My cat - patchy
    A dead rat from the farm down the road.
    (just after Xmas meal, I had to dispose of it and found it's head all smashed in.):(

Family/friends - A whole day of moaning about everything:rolleyes: Also this was the first Christmas I was sober because I was the taxi driver. - gutted!!:dry

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  14. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

So they're not coming back for New Years? :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

A couple of shirts and a couple of gift cards... nothing major to speak of. The kids, however, got some cool toys.

More importantly, my wife has asked each of our families to not give gifts for the adults next year. Instead, Karen and I are going to donate gifts and food to families that have a REAL need. My wife has asked our families that if they want to participate, then she will collect money from them in November, and when our families get together for Christmas, we will share the story of whichever family or families we were able to assist that year. This will give us FAR more blessings than getting a few gift cards or clothes or STUFF that we really don't need.

I'm looking forward to next year. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I got Call of Duty 4 :)

:gun:snipersmi

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  17. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sweet!:cheers:rocks

18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Like I said...Christmas brings out the best in *some* people, but frankly, all too few.

On my pet peeve for the season, I went for a walk Christmas day. One of the things you see is kids outside playing with their new presents (those suitable for outdoors). I saw a small child driving around his motorized car. He was riding in the street and the fellow that I assume was his Dad told him to get on the sidewalk. My pet peeve for this kind of toy is that even though it gets the kid outside and away from the TV/video game console/computer, the fact that it's an electric car means that there's still no exercise involved. No wonder obesity in both adults and children in the US is at epidemic proportions.

I walked a bit further and saw a Dad getting what looked to be his 5 year old son ready to ride a very small but fully functional gasoline-motor powered dirt bike. That's right...basically a motorcycle for a 5 year old. He hardly looked old enough to right a bicycle without training wheels and his Dad was putting him on something that looked like a scaled down dirt bike. At least he was wearing a helmet, but what is this character thinking?

I remember a lot of Christmases of long ago where kids lost interest in their big, expensive Christmas presents within a few days of getting them and started playing with the cardboard boxes they came in.

Ok...pet peeve rant over with.

19. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Did Santa also bring you your new AV picture?:biggrin

20. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Two really funny, crazy days with both old and new family!

Some nice gifts from hubby and lots and lots of bookvouchers :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE