What books would you recommend?

Discussion in 'CIW Certifications' started by tullochbhoy, May 10, 2007.

1. tullochbhoy

tullochbhoy Bit Poster

Hi Folks,
    What books would you recommmend for both the CIW Site Designer and CIW Server Administrator parts- I am not really looking for any exam study guides....just some general background reading which may help:)
    Cheers

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  2. nellyp123

nellyp123 Byte Poster

Hi, if all you want is a good book on web design then i suggest you look on amazon or ebay for a book called " HTML complete". The book covers all aspects of web design and has good examples of html, xhtml and css.

As for the admin..? Dont know, but i will keep me eyes open 4 u!!
    But if you are looking at taking an exam then look on the CIW web site www.ciwcertified.com as the training modules are very cheeeep!

All the best!

Certifications: CIW Professional
  3. tullochbhoy

tullochbhoy Bit Poster

Thanks mate,
    I'll have a look for that book!
    :biggrin

WIP: CIW Website Design Manager
  4. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I have the CIW server administration study guide from Sybex. I know this is not what you want, but i have never been able to find anything else. For this section of the course, its not that bad. You will be surprised to see some parts are "word for word" with the course manual though. However, it does go considerably deeper that the course manual and i have found it a great help.

ISBN: 0-7821-4085-8

Its not cheap!!!

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)