What are you struggling with understanding?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Vince Polston, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

Hey folks.

As some of you may know I am creating an online resource to help others pass the A+ exam. It is still in the early stages as I am updating the free study notes constantly.

So I got to thinking..

How cool would it be if I got to answer specific questions that you are struggling with. To get to help you pass the exam.

What are you struggling with understanding in regards to the A+ objectives? I would love the opportunity to help you guys out.

The way this would work is you post specific questions in this thread that you may have. People would then vote on the questions. I can't possibly answer literally every question; but those that seem to be affecting the most people I definitely will. The questions that get the most votes I will answer on my blog as thorough and concise as possible.

My outlook on teaching is this.

In the words of Albert Einstein, "If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough". So that's my goal. To be able to take these objectives and explain them so simply that it breaks down the answer into manageable sized bytes.

I will of course continue to create new study notes over every single objective in the 801 & 802; just thought it would be great to answer specific questions as well :)

Let's do this!

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Whats your blog URL? Im currently studying for the A+

3. Vince Polston

@Juelz my study notes are at www.passtheaplus.com. The site is still pretty early in development as I have been planning what the best way to go about this would be. Right now the main content I have up is the objectives configure and apply bios settings. I'm excited about the feedback I have been getting. For the more visual parts I am getting actual hardware to show in videos instead of pictures in a slide-show. At least that's the plan. I would be glad to get your feedback on how I could make the site more helpful!! Thanks so much.

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

@Vince Polston looking good mate! Very informative, how long do you think untill its done? As I would like to use the notes.

5. Vince Polston

Thansk @Juelz! I'm on the same IT journey as everyone else here and hope it helps. My goal is to have the all of the 801 finished by November and have the 802 study notes finished by February. I am constantly updating it. Having said that; I plan to crush that goal :)

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice site Vince! Keep that up, I am sure many IT folks out there will appreciate it!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Vince Polston

Thanks @Theprof! I appreciate the encouragement. I'm nearly done writing out the 1.2 objectives. Will definitely keep moving forward!

8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I do my 801 in December so will be a big help!

9. Vince Polston

@Juelz that's awesome! Hopefully these notes will help you :)

10. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Content looks good, although not sure if a browser issue but I am seeing a lot of words hyphenated across end of line.

Such as a sentence that reads

"This question comes from UB on the TechExams forum and is an ex-
    tremely common question."

Happens a lot throughout though and makes it a little bit hard reading for me personally.

Not sure if other people are seeing it the same way though?

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  11. Vince Polston

@Coupe2T Thank you for the feedback. I checked on my computer using Chrome and it doesn't do that. What browser and type of device are you using? It is more than likely something I can fix within Wordpress :) Thanks so much!

12. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Firefox 39.0 or IE 11 both seem to do it for me.

Unless it's something weird my side, no idea! haha.

Oh, and it's a HP Laptop that I am using, so full browser etc.

13. Vince Polston

14. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

No bother, let me know when you think it's sorted and i'll have another look for you and let you know. :)