what a sick error is this!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Sep 27, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

people i have big big big issue and occurs first time to me

have a look at this picture

[​IMG]

download has stopped at 100 percent , looks complete but it remained there then wasn't transmitted
    downloaded section

this is very weird but it became !

what should i do to get the file?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

anyone wondering why ?

3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

To be fair Kobem, this is a forum, not a chatroom. You have to allow people a little bit longer than 30 minutes to reply.

As for why its happening, who knows. I can only assume that the download is stalling on a final action required (perhaps waiting for the server to send the final 1kb of the file or, that its stalling when trying to verify the final file against the server.

You could stop the download and try restarting the download from scratch. I've found that this usually resolves the problem with stalled downloads.

Then again, I know nothing of the program you are using, so it could be something about that.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

It's probably because the virus that you are inadvertantly downloading is so surprised that someone clicked on 'yes' when they were asked if they wanted to continue that it doesn't know what to do next.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

i shut down the computer , all things done again all things all things .....

nothing changed still staying there

6. Morne Louw

Morne Louw Byte Poster

try a different download source of the same file maybe the actual file you are downloading is corrupt

Certifications: ECDL, OCN Level 2 HTML, A+,MCDST,70-270
    WIP: MCSA/MCSE
  7. Fergal1982

Then its maybe the source. Does it happen with any other downloads? or just this specific one?

If its this specific one, try downloading from another source.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  8. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Hmmm, this is a torrent? In azureus there is an option to check the file.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  9. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I don't think it's a torrent.

A quick search in Google shows it to be a download manager, sure enough. It's also Adware, and as has already been suggested, is probably infecting your PC with christ-knows-what.

We do not support piracy here on CF. The best thing you could possibly do is to get a good AV program - maybe a legit free one such as ClamWIN - uninstall that FlashGet thing, and buy whatever it is you want.

It's cheaper than having to buy a new PC before it gets screwed over with viruses :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  10. Fergal1982

To be fair to Kobem, it looks like a demo for a game, rather than anything pirated.

11. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

That's fair enough, I did miss that - so to that regard, my apologies to Kobem :oops:

But if the product is Adware, I'd be hesitant to use it. And the chance of downloading a virus along with the demo is still possibly high, given the unsure location of the source.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  12. Fergal1982

both valid points. I certainly wasnt disputing the dubious source, etc, just felt that I should point that part out.