WFH Fitness

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by zxspectrum, Aug 23, 2020.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

How have people managed to keep fit while the lock down has been going on?

Our 5 a side footy has been cancelled because of this and I have noticed I have lost muscle mass in my legs from the lack of running around. I have however gained top body strength because of the VR games on the Oculus quest, There is a game called Box VR or Fit XR to give it the updated name, which is basically boxing to music. The tunes are ok ish but of you can look past that then you are in for a work out and a half.

If you have played super hot, well in VR its taken up a notch, you actually do the movements to dodge the bullets. Then we have beat saber, which is a music game where you get light sabers to hit blocks to the music, the tunes are really good and the bonus of this is that you can create your own beat maps and import your own songs, however, if you cant be bothered to do that as it does take a while to do one song, you can get the beat maps with a song for free if you go on the beat saber community. The ones I have which are really done well are Uptown funk and Gangnam style, the people who took the time to make those really put thought into the beat maps so it makes a better experience

The thing for me at the moment is I need to hit the Fit XR as my beer belly is creeping back, I had more or less elimanated this with the box ibg but then I damaged my knee and could not play for a month or so.

Well waffle over

Whats everyone else been doing

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
    Jaron78 likes this.
  2. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Great thread Ed!

5-a-side has also been cancelled for me which is a shame. They were thinking we could be up and running in the next couple of weeks but that was 3 weeks ago and still nothing so wont hold my breath.

Ive taken up Running. Brilliant App by the BBC called Couch to 5k. Its great, talks you through the whole 9 weeik program. Highly recommended. Im doing the 5k to 10k now actually. Also bought a bike as well that I have been out on a couple of times.

We joined Slimming World in Feb and both lost a stone or so, but obviously that was paused. We noticed that the weight had started to creep up again so we rejoined via the Virtual meetings.

3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Yes a great thread. I've never walked so much and cycled as I have while working from home recently. Fitness wise it's been great for me to be honest and I've lost weight. Having a one year old at home also helps as I push him around in his pram for an hour a day at least. He likes to watch the world go by while being chauffeur driven :)

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Our 5 a-side started back 3 weeks ago (outside in a cage) :cheersbut indoors still unavailable.

I'm just waiting for my Local Hotel Spa to open so I can use the pool as I do a lot of swimming. At the minute it's open to guests only as they can get changed in their rooms whilst the changing rooms remain closed.

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
    JK2447 likes this.
  5. zxspectrum

Where abouts are you based, I am assuming near Liverpool?

Ed

6. Kopite_21

No mate I live in Jersey but I am from Liverpool.

7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

in the US?

8. Kopite_21

No Channel Isles.

9. LiamDuncan

LiamDuncan Bit Poster

I was running every night and that is how I managed to keep fit and lose some weight. I have an injury on my foot and I could not play football for like a year now. I have been playing a lot of FIFA 20, it helps me with missing football and football manager is another really good one.

10. MSJ Jeni

MSJ Jeni Bit Poster

I run/walk around the neighborhood n the early evening and also do some jump ropes at home

11. chartered

chartered Bit Poster

I started to meditate and a lil bit of yoga. I also do stationary running and sit ups. Im kinda missing Zumba

12. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Running (Done the Couch to 5k) and now working on the 5k to 10k,
    Bought a Bike and covered 30 Miles from Home to Stratford last Sunday,
    Going to a Boxing club for the first time in my life on Tuesday.

13. zxspectrum

Well for me at the moment, I have practically done nothing exercise wise. I had a bug about 4 weeks back, for which I had a covid test to make sure, which came back negative, then when I was well enough, I had a cracking game of table tennis for about 2 hours. The next day, was hobbling on my ankle, which in turn meant I was walking funny and goosed my knee right up. Its starting to get back to normal and it needs to hurry up as I am climbing the walls here. Also, my new Quest 2 is coming Tues

Ed

14. chartered

chartered Bit Poster

How are you doing now?