Well I got what I deserved

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by daft_togger, Oct 7, 2009.

1. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

I have been put under pressure to do this exam by my employer, and did do some studying for it, but 2 weeks before the exam I stopped and did no further prep mainly due to the hours I need to work and long commute tires me out.....and got 519/1000.....

I got my Sim well wrong on DNS.........and while I did not get a great score, I did not find the questions that hard....so why did I fail then...well because I did not put in enough effort.......

So for anyone studying this one, you need to obviously cover the biggies DNS/DHCP/RRAS.....and yes I had a few on WSUS, so that too.....and the odd question they throw in on something not directly covered in the material.....IIS for example, you just leave those to the end and then just read the questions carefully and try to eliminate the obvious wong answers.....and then go for your best guess if you really don't know.

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291
  2. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

What exam70-291??

3. daft_togger

daft_togger Nibble Poster

McFly.........sorry, yes the 70-291 :oops:

Certifications: 70-290, 70-620
    WIP: 70-291
  4. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Dont take it too hard, some of these exams take effort to learn Microsofts way of doing things and some knowledge, in fairness which you may not use in every environment.

But yeah, if you feel yourself that you didnt put enough effort in, then work harder next time or think of better ways to study

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

OK you failed, however the 70-291 is one of the hardest exams in the MS world (for 2003). You'll do better next time :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

No study for 291 is a suicide mission for even the most experienced admin. You wil ace it next time around I'm sure. Me employer puts me under pressure too but on the other hand I have achieved a lot having such strict masters . . . . :biggrin

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, that's a tough exam. Best of luck on your next attempt!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!