Web Design Or Networking Course

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Virgowoman2, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Virgowoman2

Virgowoman2 Bit Poster

Hi All

Hello everyone, this site is new to me although I knew about it, I have never posted on it. It looks great! :D

I am considering a slight change in my career. I am looking into web design or networking. I would like to do something I enjoy. I am very creative although I have never been great with figures, I am also looking into networking as they are still enough jobs out there.

I have contacted NITLC as well, their literature has confused my choice slightly. Can anyone who has studied web design or networking help me out?

Cheers

Certifications: none
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Welcome to Cert Forums. Its entirely up to you really. The best advice I can give is for you to research the two roles as their completely different. Wed design is very creative where as Networking is very much a problem solving role. It only gets creative when you reach the higher levels of design and even then its very much a science than an art. Google the two and see what you can find. Once you decide then we can advise you further. Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

As far as what type of job you should pursue... only you can answer that. Do whatever you think you'd enjoy doing. If you do that, there is no wrong answer.

Keep in mind that "networking" is something that isn't really done by people just starting out in IT. Entry-level techs typically start out as a help desk tech, PC repair tech, or field service tech, before moving up to desktop support tech, then server administrator, THEN network administrator. So if you see "networking" jobs, be sure to note how much experience is required by the employer.

Those entry-level tech jobs are out there... but with the economy, there are plenty of "career changers" out there, and so everyone's trying to get those entry-level jobs. As a result, it's highly competitive out there.

Still, if IT is something you have a passion for, I'd recommend it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Virgowoman2

Virgowoman2 Bit Poster

Thanks for replying guys!! I will carry out some research on both. Are there many opportunities vacancies in Web Design when compared to Technical I.T. I know with either I will need to start from the bottom. There are many myths out there.

Certifications: none