Wearable Tech

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonD, May 23, 2018.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So we're geeks but what wearable tech do you use, want to use or think that's crap?

For me I love the Garmin Fenix watches (https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/552982), so much more than the Apple Watch, it lasts longer, looks nicer and for me works nicely with the chest strap based HRM and foot pod that I use.

I have also had a look at various workout tech, things like the https://www.atlaswearables.com/ or Strenx from https://www.gymwatch.com/en/.

I have also considered the Suunto Spartan Ultra as an alternative to the Garmin Fenix but tbh I am not sure yet.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I've not seen that watch before but checking, it's a very handsome watch. I do still love my Apple watch 3 but typically that's because of the good old apple ecosystem, so the way I get alerts from my iPhone 8, and the way it unlocks my MBP. I would admit that these things cause me to gloss over any shortcomings

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have my Apple Watch 3 on atm because of an issue with my Fenix (RMA'd it) but I really do prefer the Fenix, having to charge this every other day isn't ideal.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. Ricky Morgan

Ricky Morgan New Member

I also have Apple Watch 3. But I want to buy Fenix. I have not yet decided whether I should buy it. My friend advised me to read updated information at besttechexpert.guide pertaining these before making a purchase.

5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Just upgraded from the fitbit charge HR to the charge hr 3 and I am glad I did.

Im into all the fitness gadgets, this one seems more accurate than the first, it tells me all that I need to know and the screen is bigger, which is brill brill for my eyes.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've got a Fitbit Blaze, got that 2 years ago (had it replaced under warranty once)... That's the only wearable tech I have...

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I wear an Apple Watch 2 and I think it's great with regards to the health stuff and a heads up on what I'm about to cycle through weather wise...lol

On my bike, I sport a Garmin Edge 1000 and wear the heart rate sensor along with cadence and speed sensor on the bike. I get some good stats on Strava...which no-one else cares about. I do about 25 miles a day too and from work on the bike, the Garmin is great for such stuff. The Apple Watch then picks up my "steps" and heart rate when at work.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...