we gotta connect

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by zxspectrum, Sep 14, 2007.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

OK folks this one has been doing my head in

My Uni site wont leg me log in. First of all ill get the home page which leads me to another page but whe i put in my details it just wipes them , it doesnt matter if i click enter or the go icon both dissappear.

Now ive tried lowering my security settings in my browser options which was pointed out to me by Unis IT services, and allso i have reset my password several times.

I did the elimination thing an got a person o the end of the phone to log in from his computer, and he got in, its just a problem from my side of it.

Anyone got any ideas

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

sounds like you are restricting cookies to me. I use Firefox and that is pretty much the exact behaviour I get If i try to log into a site I havent added to my Cookies collection.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I agree with Fergal, Sounds like a cookies issue, I also get it as I run FF

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive just looked in the FF broswer options and there are no restrictions for any website??

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

In the privacy Tab, is there a tick in the 'Accept Cookies from Sites' option? If there is NOT, then you will need to add the site in question to the exceptions list. Or you could tick it I suppose.

If there is, then Im not sure what it is. Can you log in using IE?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present