wasteful broadband?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by newkoba, May 13, 2008.

1. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

you be the judge.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080508/tuk-online-via-sewers-first-town-unveile-45dbed5.html

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Looks like a pretty good idea to me

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

thats pretty cool, now all that we will have to wait for is labour to bloody tax it and come up with some BS about how it contributes to climate change.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Hmmm, ultra fast and modern cabling through our ultra fast and modern sewage system :dry

There was a traffic report on the local news only this morning about a road closure due to a collapsed sewer - would that slow the signal down?

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  5. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

That seems pretty sweet. They could do that in the Detroit area, but it'd get stolen as while they were installing it.

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  6. newkoba

newkoba Byte Poster

i wish we had something like this in the states. i was just talking about it yesterday with some co-workers about how the states average broadband is something like 5 meg and its somewhere near 33% of our nation doesn't have a computer still. oh well, here is to hoping we get something like japan, they've got what 60 meg average speeds?

Certifications: Security + and CEH
    WIP: CWNA and CWSP
  7. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

i agree, bloody tw@s on their 100+ grand a year

probably come up with something similar to the fuel tax where it goes by the megabyte of data instead of litre of fuel :dry

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662