Want to see whats really being put in Vista?

Discussion in 'Software' started by noelg24, Mar 3, 2006.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

For those who will have the Beta versions (or whatever versions) of Vista u will know most of this...but for those who havent and want to know what to expect from the new OS go here looks good so far...but I wont be in a rush to buy it when it comes out...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Here's the rebuttal:

http://www.linux-tutorial.info/article-2024--0-0.html

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Like i said before... in no rush to use it! Err when is the next fedora out?? :twisted:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

So thats in two weeks! Yay! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

man is that guy smoking some serious crack or what?
    im all for competative tear down, if its justified and accurate, but this guy has brought up a load of stuff completly irellivent and made him self sound like a whining linux fanboy of about 12!

i mean, why mention the TCP/IP stack in windows is of BSD origin, who gives a rats?
    why brag about linux memory optimisation when it still cant run a decent WM at any decent speed?
    machine specs? come on, I can run vista in VMWare just fine, and thats with a rickity VMWare emulated VGA card (Bear in mind Vista is still in checked/debug mode so its a heck slower than release will be, it hasnt even been optimised yet)

seriously, I like linux, I like windows, and I'm the first to slate them both on their flaws, however I wont generally sit by and watch an unfounded slating of a product, whatever side of the fence it is, what an utter waste of bandwidth! (ofcourse the extreme tech article screams 'paid for')

Dont believe everything you read folks!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0