Wanna review a book (if you're in the US)?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Apr 8, 2008.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I got a call from my editor at Sybex and he says that my new book MCTS: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-630 is doing very well "out of the gate". So well in fact, that it's already going to a second printing. Sybex really wants to promote it and one of the ways to generate "buzz" is to get reviews written (it would be nice if they were "favorable" reviews, but I have to ask people to tell the truth).

I can't afford to mail copies to the UK or elsewhere abroad (alas), but anyone in the US who wants to review the book, send me your postal address via PM and I'll ship you a copy. The catch is that you have to write a review at Amazon or some other place visited by lots of folks. Let me know.

Thanks.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Fantastic news Trip. I hope it continues to go well for you. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I'd love to help you out with this (I'm an ex-published journo)! Shame if you sent it here it would probably have to be sent by carrier pidgeon, and even then it would probably take the best part of 800,000 years to arrive due to the fact Cayman has no postal service.

Oh and they'd want me to pay 20% taxes on top of it regardless of if it's a gift! :eek:

Good luck with the reviews champ, wish I could help. Glad it's selling like the proverbial cakes that are incredibly warm!!! 8)

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

How about if we pay the postage. :D:twisted:

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard