Waiting..

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ManThatCan, Sep 30, 2004.

1. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

How long does one have to wait before the "swaps and sales" topic that I posted see's the light of day?

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

When your post count reaches the threshold for posts to appear.

The Sales and Swaps forum is for regular members of CertForums to post, therefor as it was your 1st post and you have only made 2 other posts including this one it will not appear for some time. Otherwise you should visit ebay and try to sell your list of items there.

HTH. :biggrin

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

And let them charge ME for selling MY stuff? Pfft..!

No matter, that policy is poor. You should let whomever post whatever. If you don't like said post, it's only a few clicks to delete it!

4. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Poor policy or not, this is a certification forum not a sales and swaps forum so its more of a good policy to stop spam posting from people that sign up only to post in that forum. There maybe some other websites that will allow you to post free classified ads, I'm sure a quick google will find some.

5. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

Adopting your policy promotes spamming just so people can post in the swaps and sales section!

And if this is a "certification" forum, then why have the swaps and sales section at all?

6. SimonV
    Honorary Member

We can pass this back and forward all day dean, thats the policy. We have a swaps and sales section for contributing members to utalise. It doesnt promote spamming because the threashold is high enough for spammers to get bored or for moderators to spot this kind of spamming and remove the posts.

Hope that clears things up for you, as I said, your welcome to contribute to CertForums in so why not drop a post in the New members forum so we can get to know you a little more.

7. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

I would gladly contribute, however - the only contributions I could make would be hardware based.

Stuff for sale etc, etc.

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I think what Si means is that everyone here is a contributing member to the forum in regards to certification. We have a sales and swaps forum to help those members in regards to certification with books and hardware etc in the aim of furthering certification. If they have some study guides they don't need any more then maybe someone just starting might need them at a reduced price than new. In this way we help each other out.

This is not a forum for people to just offload their old stuff, which it looks like in this case. This is why we have these rules. You should have read them before you joined and if you don't agree with them then you shouldn't have joined.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

I'm not offloading my old stuff, most of it is brand new. thus wanted to know if anyone would be able to benefit from it.

And nugget, why couldn't this be viewed as helping certification? Surely if you have the actual hardware in front of you instead of reading it from a book would help you a lot more, no?

Regardless, point is moot anyhow. Caio!

10. SimonV
    Honorary Member

This being your argument, it really doesn't hold much weight. If we were to allow anyone to post anything they feel would benefit our members in their pursuit of certification then I would be allowing software companies, training providers, braindumps etc etc to post there products/downloads.

Obviously you can see this would result in the forums being flooded by countless posts with "I have this exam software for sale" or "I have braindumps on my site for download cheap" and the like.

Its more that painfully obvious that your not happy that you cant post your sales here which if your were a regular posting member here this would not be an issue. So this leads me to assume your only purpose for posting here was to advertise your goods for your own profitable gain.

This forum works in one simple way, we are here to help others for no personal gain, the sales and swaps is an area created as an extension for member to pass on unwanted books, study material, hardware whatever for a minimal price in the hope that another will benefit from its use.

Again, I hope this clears thing up for you.

Si :)

11. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well said Si...hear hear...:clap

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one Si, let's hope that's the end of this.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

What about the cr@p jokes :cry:

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

so
    you have brand new gear
    and thats the only way you can help us get certified

allow me to clear this up for you

this classes you as a 'salesman' and we like them here as little as we like them at our front door, if this is the only reason you registered, im afraid you wasted your time, Si has the right policy, as it keeps bloody salesman out of here.

if you would like to actually 'learn' something, you are welcome to hang around, your may end up being classed as a student
    lol

on that note

If anyone would like to buy BRAND new gear, and COPIED certification books for 1/10th there normal cost, with FREE EXAM VOUCHERS and REVISION BRANDUMPS please contact me asap, limited time offer!!!!!!!!!

yes
    that was a joke
    no pms please :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

so thats your mailbox reaching its limit then!!

or should I say your 1TB reaching its limit...if I have anything to do with it!!!

16. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

yup
    its almost full
    like i said, i only buy new disks when i run out of space and need new disks!

looking to get some new Maxtor 250GB SATA with 16mb cache and Native Command Queing soon

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

:cussing I will say no more...maybe its time I started using my SATA cables and getting SATA drives then we will see who rules the roost...hmmm I wonder how 3 400GB SATA drives will do for my system? better get some research done...watch your back Phoenix...wont be long now...hahaha

18. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

I don't really have anything to add to this thread, except a wellsaid to Si, Pheonix and the others. :thumbleft

One of the best thing's about this board is the lack of spam, warez, braindump's ect.

Oh, and to the manthatcan (or should that be the manwhocant, sorry crap joke but had to get that in :oops: ), after reading your comments on this thread, I for one would not even entertain the idea of buying some of your goods. I don't think many people here would trust someone who turns up out of the blue, with nothin to contribute but stuff to sell.

The policies of this forum are there for a reason, and the result is the quality place we call Certforums!

Anyway, my Thursday mornin ramble is over now. lol

Ohhh, i have a feeling it will. lol

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  19. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

damn...there is always one that has to ruin my plans!!!

20. ManThatCan

ManThatCan Banned

So who's making money from this "paid membership" lark your running? Does that help me get certified?

Oh, I get it - it allows me to download stuff that you've collected and would normally charge a fee for, that can be found on the internet for free? :rolleyes:

While your forum has merit, it's full of spam whores that you *claim* to be rid of.

You don't see them? Sales section, laptop memory thread. Why couldn't people just keep it related to the thread topic? :rolleyes:
    G man, your time here is wasted my friend!