Waiting for the Cert....

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Ropenfold, May 19, 2008.

1. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

After a bit of a rushed job I passed my 70-272 on friday!

Do I have to order the MCDST certificate or will it just come automatically? I have had a look round the microsoft MCP website but I can't see anything on there. Microsoft has sent me the induction pack already after I passed the 70-271.

Any Ideas?

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

You have to order it, it is via that MCP site - mine took just under 4 weeks to reach me

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats on the pass! 8)

4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Congratulations on the MCDST.

How where the exams?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

The first exam 70-271 was fairly straightforward I just used the ms press book, the sybex book and I got

The second exam I found tougher, if only because much of the ms book IMO covers the basics and requires you to do much more outside reading, Microsoft Knowledgebase is the main thing to get through. I got 760 and to be fair some of the stuff in the exam I guessed. Bad I know.

Don't underestimate the 272 exam.

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+