VT Training

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by westernkings, Aug 16, 2009.

1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Hi guys,

I was just doing some practice exams and remembered something that may be of use to people, it isn't specifically IT related but it offers a really good opportunity for people here who are unemployed to maybe gain some extra NVQs or whatnot, school leavers and college leavers who come on here may also find it useful. The company is VT Group (yes the company that makes aircraft carriers and US marine equipment). They offer an apprenticeship and training scheme completely unrelated to the actual company that is completely free. My aunt is a director so I did my catering qualification with them.

It's not for everyone, but for some of the people who may visit here that can't get into IT and are a bit stuck, they offer a business administration one, which could be useful I suppose.

http://www.vttraining.co.uk/vtt/index

sorry if it sounds like plugging, just sprung to my head once revising. About the quality, when I did my catering NVQ with them, I was with some real down and out kids from inner london, we all went to different hotels in Mayfair to work, some went to coca cola to do administration, so the experience is pretty damn good. I personally went to the Chesterfield in Mayfair and then CocaCola in Hammersmith for a year.

Westernkings.

Sorry if it sounds like plugging guys, or anything of the sort. Just wanted to help some people.

PS: I then swiftly quit catering and went into IT because the hours suck and the money is worse, and I hate cooking haha.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

Thanks for the link.

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?